Chapter 16: Basketball

ARYAN

I woke up next morning with a better mindset. I came to Anirudh and he was making coffee for both of us.

"Good morning!" He said smiling at me.

"Good morning." I smiled a little.

I sat on the couch and started scrolling my phone as always. I came across her messages again but ignored them.

"Your coffee." Anirudh said forwarding a cup to me.

I took it with a small smile and he sat beside me.

"Soooo I was thinking about yesterday and I know you probably don't wanna talk about it but still. Anaysha told me things and how you told her that you love Nysa." He said raising his eyebrows.

Shit!

"Yeah right. I swear you were going to be the first one who would know about it but guess she already knew." I said sighing.

"Everybody knew." He said and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"What do you mean?" I asked sipping my coffee.

"I mean, its obvious. We have seen the way you always do anything for her and if I tell you to buy me an icecream at night, you would never even though I am your bestfriend. And its not just that, its in your eyes that you like her. Although I didn't know you love her, I mean that's too much for Mr. Aryan Kapoor who didn't even glance at a girl before like ever so its a little new." He said explaining.

I didn't know I was that obvious. It isn't obvious to her tho.

"You look at her like a male frog looks at a female frog." He said laughing.

"WHAT? How do you even differentiate between the two, I mean just how?" I asked totally flabbergasted.

"I am smart." He chuckled and he went inside his room

Weird.

I came in my room too and got ready quickly. We came to college and because soon there's going to be college fest, we have a basketball match nearing up so practice starts today.

We came with our jersey and practice apparels and were going for practice. Any came rushing towards me and asked "are you okay?" She said worriedly.

"Yes, I am. Don't worry." I said with a smile.

"Okay." She replied returning the same smile.

"Where are you guys going?" Nysa came and asked. I ignored her as decided although it was really tough for me but it is important to make her understand.

"Basketball practice" replied Anirudh while looking at her. He was mentally away from her, I didn't want that. She should not be totally alone.

"Oh okay, alright then." Nysa said with a sad smile and was going to go away when

"You can come if you want to!" Anirudh asked her realising what he just did.

"I would love to." She smiled but she held it back when she looked at me. She does really hate me. I ignored her and went to the basketball court. It was still time for their class to start so they joined us for the practice. Ruhaan has again went MIA and Vihaan is busy preparing for the upcoming exams. Rai has went to her parents for some reasons and V is tired after tomorrow so she has taken a day off today.

Me and Anirudh quickly changed our clothes and started practicing with our team. I am the captain since I've been playing basketball basically my whole life.

I really love this game, it has given me many reasons to always stay happy. Ani is one of the attackers because of his amazing speed that's why he's the part of swimming team too, you need both speed and flexibility there.

We started practicing and as usual, no one was out of form. We have won like 3 trophies till now and we come at second in all of colleges. This time we plan to replace the first team and for that we need to practice hard. Its just one week away.

Its been three hours since we have been practicing and Any and Nysa are long gone. They are participating in their own colleges too. Nysa is dancing and Any is taking part in modelling for one of the dresses they both prepared for the show. Its going to be their first showcase and I am so excited for it.

Ignorance aside, I am so proud that Nysa pulls out everything from providing time to her friends' problems to attending each class to working hard on the projects, both of them are literally doing something here and there every fucking time. Hats off to them for that.

We were finally done with our practice so we came and it was just Nysa standing.

I saw behind me and Anirudh was long gone too. Where did they go?

I checked my phone and there was a text from both of them. Anirudh texted that he's going to come meet me in half an hour and Any texted that she had her practice for the modelling.

I shrugged and started walking towards cafeteria while I wait for them to come.

"Aryan, wait." Nysa shouted from behind and as soon as I turned back, I saw her running towards me.

"Yes?" I said in an uninterested tone. I wish she was better than me.

"I wanted to apologise." She said while her head hanging low.

"For what?" I asked.

"For the thing I said to you without thinking much about it." She said.

"But you meant it, didn't you? You meant all of that and it's fine ig. That's what I deserve anyway."

"No, you don't deserve that, you deserve much better than that."

"Can you tell me why you suddenly said something so big to me without thinking twice?" I asked seriously interested in knowing the reason.

"I, I was afraid about something and my fear was just increasing day by day then I didn't feel very nice seeing you with other girls on Anirudh's birthday. You don't even look at me and its like I am just a freebie who came to you along with Any so you have to tolerate me. I am your friend but its like you're forced to be my friend because everyone else is." She said nervously.

What does she think of herself?

"You never saw me looking at you because you don't ever look at me. You didn't come as a freebie to me and you're definitely not tolerable, I'll agree to that but I want you to be tolerable and for that, I would even increase my tolerance if it takes you to not say those three words to me ever again. I like you, Nysa, I really do. I won't keep it back anymore. You need to know the place you hold in my heart and the place you have unknowingly made in my life. You don't have to get jealous of those girls, I'll dance with you if you want to but I just want you to be vocal about your problems. Regretting only brings you much, communication is the key so it would really be helpful to everyone if you could just communicate." I cupped her face and told everything that was there in my mind.

She nodded her head and apologized again. "Alright. Can I hug you, please?"

"Yes, you can." I said with a straight face.

"You know that I am not a hugger, right?" She hugged me tighter and tighter.

"Right."

"But its like I can't stop hugging you. All I want is to hug you because it just feels so comfortable and warm around you."

"So, hug me as much as you want to. Hug me like you're hugging me for the last time." She punched in my stomach.

"Oww, why would you do that?" I asked her while hissing in pain.

"Don't ever say something like that." She hugged me again and this time, I hugged her tightly.

She belongs here, its like god made her tailor made just for me.

I hope you get to know that soon.

____________________________________