《1》

"Yow big boss, run off the base fimi, me nah cum in todeh" I spoke loud enough through my phone as I move around the house to make it sparkling clean for her arrival

I always get this excitement in the pit of my stomach whenever she is coming to Jamaica to visit and not just ro visit but this time to stay. It's been like a year since she came and this long distance relationship is killing me.

"No problem Sarge" Brian replied. "A wah mek di sarge a miss work todeh though, wifey a fly in?" He chuckled after.

Brian is my best friend also a corporal that's fill in for me when I'm not on base. I recently got a sergeant promotion at work which have a few officers that's older than me mad.

Mi tell dhem fi nuh go further dhem education fi pass di exam...

Glad mi nuh too fren none a dhem police boy deh fi kill mi off...

Being a police officer is always my dream job after my mother told me how my father die. I know he wasn't innocent himself but I want to go down this journey to put men like him and who killed him behind bars.

"How di boss silent suh" Brian bring me from my trance.

"Juss kool nuh youth" I chuckled, bring the phone to my ears before flopping back down in the settee.

"Pure knockings later" he teased as he erupted in laughter.

"Yow bredda come off a me phone" I joined in on his contagious laughing.

"Go mash up yuh thing bro" I could just sense him wiggling his eye brows.

After I got off the phone with Brian, I tossed it aside and move to the kitchen where I'm preparing her favorite dish.

Gungo rice and peas with Oxtail, steam vegetables and carrot mix with beetroot drink.

After turning down the fire to let the gravy cook down some more, I walk to my room to get some fresh clothes out to wear after my shower.

***

Not long after I took my shower and get dress, I hear a vehicle tooting at the gate. As the alert police officer I am, I picked up bag with my gun inside of it and peeped through the living room window outside.

Shi reach..

Excitement erupted inside of me when I see her beautiful face peeping outside the window of the red accord she's driving. Without wasting anymore time, I quickly open up the door and meet her outside.

Her smile melt something inside of me and the excitement grows more. She jump from the car and rush over to me, I welcome her inside of my arms and squeeze her small frame.

"Hey baby" she squealed as I lift her up and twirled her around.

"I miss you so much babes" I place her on the ground and pull her face into palms.