《2》

Early October

Early October...

My eyes stares at the clock warily as if I'm daring the time to slow down. I don't know what's the hurry time is in but right now I'm about to miss my 6:30 taxi and if I do then I'm doom.

Taxi the hardest thing to get when school is in session. I quickly pulled up the zipper at the back of my black pencil foot skirt then slide my feet in the pair of black flat shoes.

Mi need fi change da shoes ya soon before dhem staat chat mi a work...

Mi wah done mi room fuss though because I cah stand fi share room wid me lil sista.

"Cum baby, eat up and let me put on yuh uniform" I turned to my daughter who's sitting on the bed while having her breakfast.

"Mommy I don't wah anymore?" She pushed the plate to me with half of the food inside.

"Juss eat the franks Talia, mi nuh wah yuh go skool and go hungry" I told her as I push one of the franks in her mouth.

Shi picky essi, sometime mi juss stress out...

I have to drop her off at school in the mornings because my sister said she can't do it and I don't see why because she pass there for school in the mornings and my mother said she no have the energy to walk up and down.

Mi a tell unu a di wuss fambily mi have... mi kno a mi go fuck and breed but my God mon... nuh likkle assistance and when me buy groceries everybody nyam..

After allowing her to drink her tea, I quickly put her uniform on and rush her to the back step to brush her teeth. The bathroom is outside and I don't want to chance it to get mud on our shoes.

"Ratid! Hear Marlon deh" I quickly dried Talia's face and grab her school bags when I hear the car horn tooting.

Him do that to alert us that he's passing through and him not waiting on a soul. I grab my belongings and Talia then rush out to the gate.

"Mawning Chris" I greeted my step father who's at the gate chopping down shoe block.

"Mawning" he replied with the weed leaning against his white mouth corner.

"Mawning granpa" Talia waved at him as we walked through the gate.

"Mawning mi baby, carry back supm fimi" he smiled at her.