Chapter 103

Inside a peculiarly decorated building, a handsome young man was casually sketching away.

Unbeknownst to the living eye, countless dark creatures lurked in the shadows around, as if they were all servile attendants to the young man before them.

Suddenly, as if sensing something, though his demeanor remained unchanged, the charcoal in his hand snapped in half.

It wasn't due to any other emotion but an uncontainable sense of excitement.

"You've come back, haven't you? You must have returned just to see me," the young man spoke, "After all, only I can make you the perfect masterpiece."

He seemed discontented, tearing the paper in front of him apart.

"But why haven't you appeared before me? Who exactly is it? Concealing my most important person."

The young man's gaze turned cold, his earlier tender smile replaced as if by another person entirely.

"It's alright, I'll find you soon. This time, there will be no one to disturb us."

---

Inside the game's studio.

Gu Wujì felt as if he was born to draw as he used the charcoal, striving for the perfection of his art, a pursuit he deemed his life's purpose.

So intense was his passion that he even forgot Rong Qingman's warnings, wanting only to push his painting to the highest level he could reach at that moment.

A fervor ignited within Gu Wujì, his hands trembling faintly, as if he were painting the most crucial thing in his life.

Among the crowd, only the middle-aged man and Rong Qingman remained composed, observing Gu Wujì's situation with various expressions.

"This guy Sun Shi probably doesn't have much skill," the middle-aged man couldn't help but think, "Getting confused by ghosts at this stage."

Clearly, this game invited a group of people with no interest in painting into this studio; how could there not be traps related to it?

As long as players use a brush possessed by ghosts to complete tasks, their consciousness will inevitably be influenced to some extent. Unless one has already taken precautions against the weaknesses of ghosts, only superhuman willpower and a profound dedication to one's original dream can break free from this state.

Once completely influenced by the brush, one is bound to walk the path of no return in this instance.

Rong Qingman looked at Gu Wujì with a hint of disappointment in her eyes. "I thought you would be different from other players, but it seems you're just like them after all, merely an ordinary person..."

Gu Wujì continued to paint, as if he could hear a bewitching voice whispering in his ears.

"Keep painting, as long as you continue like this, your dream will come true. Come on, create your greatest masterpiece."

Invisibly, a hand seemed to cover Gu Wujì's, guiding him forward.

The two spirits hiding within Gu Wujì paused for a moment. They felt the power possessed by the charcoal in his hand, and the malevolent look in the male spirit's eyes grew colder.

Just as Gu Wujì was about to succumb further to the temptation, his movements suddenly stopped. He felt a strong sense of discordance.

"No, this isn't my dream."

In that moment, Gu Wujì remembered that he was just an actor; why was he pushing himself so hard to paint here? He should have achieved fame and success as an actor!