Chapter 116

Days had swiftly passed by.

The incident with the Xia family hadn't caused much of a stir, after all, the news was suppressed, and those who had wanted to make trouble were already behind bars.

After the event, Old Master Xia opened the safe left by his wife, only to find it contained the gift he had given her when they were first married.

The most significant issue was the sudden unconsciousness of Young Master Xiashi from the Xia family, who, it was said, had been so frightened at the banquet that he fell into a coma.

As for Gu Wuji, although he caused a ripple, he believed that with time, everyone would forget his identity.

Those in the Xia family eager for the heir's position tried to forge a connection with Gu Wuji, but they neither knew his real identity nor could they locate him.

Only Xiayang Shuo, who knew Gu Wuji's true identity, kept it tightly under wraps. Others thought he was shamelessly hoarding information because of his close relationship with Gu Wuji, but only Xiayang Shuo knew...

Master Gu was actually a man! The task proposed by Old Master Xia was doomed to be unachievable by anyone.

Despite causing a huge commotion in the Xia family, Gu Wuji afterward spent quite a leisurely period, continuing his work and occasionally sharing game experiences with teammates he had met in the virtual world.

Of course, Gu Wuji's experiences were of no reference value whatsoever.

At that time, Lu Yuanchou, who had previously teamed up with Gu Wuji for two instances, came to invite him once again.

"This time I've come to you with great news!" Lu Yuanchou said excitedly, feeling he finally had something good to bring to Gu Wuji.

After the completion of the previous instance, the conflicts between Lu Yuanchou and his organization had become irreconcilable, leading him to leave.

Of course, Lu Yuanchou planned to join a new organization, and by chance, he came across a rather formidable one, rumored to have high-level players among its upper ranks.

Mid-level players, after completing certain instances, would inevitably be arranged by the system to undertake promotion instances. Only by fulfilling specific requirements in these could they advance to high-level status. Otherwise, even if one survives by clinging to stronger players, they would still have to face promotion instances.

And these promotion instances were notoriously mysterious and challenging, instilling fear in many. If one could team up with an experienced high-level player, the task would undoubtedly become much simpler.

Lu Yuanchou was also nearing his promotion instance and thus was determined to join this organization.

However, entering such an organization was not easy. It required passing through certain trials, and during his preparations, Lu Yuanchou immediately thought of Gu Wuji, who was still unaffiliated.

In his view, Gu Wuji's strength was formidable, and having caused so many sensational incidents, he was more than qualified to pass the trial and enter the organization.

Gu Wuji was intrigued upon hearing Lu Yuanchou's proposal and inquired about the details of the trial.

"It's not too complicated," Lu Yuanchou explained. "You just need to enter a specified mid-level instance and retrieve a certain item."

Of course, there was a certain risk involved, but then again, no instance could guarantee complete safety. It was better to seize this opportunity.

"This shouldn't be a problem," Gu Wuji nodded, showing interest in both the instance and the organization.