Chapter 107

"But Gu Wujì maintained a calm demeanor on his face, 'Calculating the time, it should be about time.'

'What did you say?' The ghost scrutinized him with some astonishment, then sneered, 'This room is completely under my control. It's impossible for you to deceive me.'

'Of course, I'm not deceiving you.' Gu Wujì looked at him, 'But haven't you noticed? The flames ignited on the first floor. If this continues, your most perfect painting will be consumed by the flames.'

Initially skeptical, the ghost suddenly felt something, his expression changing abruptly, 'What have you both done?!'

'Nothing much.' Róng Qīngmàn's mocking voice echoed, 'Just a little tampering.'

Earlier in the morning, Gu Wujì took the opportunity while strolling with Róng Qīngmàn to tamper with the entrance on the first floor.

Gu Wujì had already harbored suspicions about the ghost, so he left the matter to Róng Qīngmàn to prevent the ghost from noticing their actions.

As a player on the verge of advancing to an advanced game, controlling when to start the fire and its intensity was a trivial matter for him. Moreover, Gu Wujì had long prepared the matches.

As for whether the fire could continue to burn, there was absolutely no problem. After all, this was originally a world within the painting. Gu Wujì speculated that if things continued like this, the entire painting would likely end up like that abandoned hospital, burnt to ashes.

'You!!' The ghost's gaze towards Gu Wujì was now filled with intense murderous intent, 'I'll kill you here, and it will be the same when I return...'

'Really?' Gu Wujì looked at him, 'I think time is running out. A little later, and that painting might not be intact anymore. Is this still the perfect painting in your mind, or something you thought could defeat Jìn Yǔ?'"

Originally, the ghost had managed to barely maintain a calm state, but upon hearing Gu Wujì mention Jìn Yǔ, it seemed to be enraged, struggling to even maintain its human form. It glared angrily at Gu Wujì several times, then its body penetrated through the black mist behind it, evidently heading to the first floor.

Gu Wujì breathed a sigh of relief. It seemed that this painting was incredibly important to the ghost, but unfortunately, he had been afraid that directly removing the painting would prompt the ghost to kill prematurely. Otherwise, it would have been a good idea to use it as leverage against the ghost now.

Then he turned his head and looked over. The others were still entangled by the statues. These statues were extremely eerie; they remained motionless when others looked at them, but as soon as someone's gaze was diverted, they would creep closer to the surrounding people.

What was even more terrifying was that they were all carved extremely delicately, at first glance resembling real people, even making one wonder if they were filled with human souls.

This is causing other players endless suffering, yet their abilities fall short of destroying these statues. They can only grit their teeth and keep dodging, fearing the touch of these statues.

As for Rong Qingman, although he wasn't entangled by the statues, he wasn't the kind to help others out of a tight spot. He nervously searched for information about the truth of this game around him.

After all, the ghost down below had only gone to put out the fire and could return here at any minute. It would be troublesome if the main quest couldn't be completed before then.

Gu Wujì looked at the statues, falling into silence, as they looked too familiar. He had bumped into them once before at Jin Yu's house.

It seemed the homeowner's obsession to surpass Jin Yu had reached a demonic level. Not to mention artworks, they even wanted to imitate art pieces from other people's homes... But from the start, by choosing imitation, they were doomed never to surpass their counterpart.