Chapter 9

Cheng Jia was completely stunned, staring at the person in front of him in disbelief, almost unable to trust his own eyes.

Gu Wuji, who was already remarkably handsome, now seemed to emit a divine radiance in his eyes, exuding an aura of nobility. Even his cold, piercing gaze now carried a hint of compassion.

A surge of overwhelming emotion erupted within Cheng Jia's heart, and tears welled up in his eyes. In this moment, he completely forgot how he had previously insulted and looked down upon Gu Wuji. He felt that Gu Wuji was akin to a divine being, appearing at this precise moment and saving his life without holding any grudges.

How could he have ever mistaken such a figure for a third-rate, low-quality minor celebrity? This was clearly a mogul with extraordinary skills just casually dabbling in the entertainment industry!

"Are you alright?" Gu Wuji wondered if Cheng Jia had been scared silly, as he showed no reaction at all.

Just before arriving here, Xu Mingjun suddenly claimed to feel unwell, so Gu Wuji came alone. Then, just as he was about to enter, he was startled by a voice from inside the car, causing his hand to shake and accidentally open the door.

Gu Wuji paused, trying to decide what to do. After all, Cheng Jia had been here for so long without any harm coming to him. It seemed that the conditions for ghosts to harm people were quite strict, so letting him figure things out on his own a bit longer shouldn't cause any harm.

"Master Gu! I never thought you would actually come!" Cheng Jia's tear-filled eyes brimmed with deep gratitude, his voice choked with emotion.

Thinking back to how he had previously praised Xu Mingjun and even humiliated Gu Wuji because of him, Cheng Jia wanted to slap himself. He had practically dug his own grave. If it weren't for Gu Wuji's magnanimity, he would probably have been dead hundreds of times over.

Gu Wuji: "???" Did Cheng Jia turn out to be such an emotionally rich person? And why did he call me like that?

"Don't say more, let's get out of here."

"Yes!" Cheng Jia's emotions stabilized slightly at this, and he looked at Gu Wuji gratefully, cautiously attempting to move out. The figure in front suddenly twitched, startling Cheng Jia stiff, then he quickly jumped off the car, hiding behind Gu Wuji like a rabbit.

Gu Wuji's gaze followed suit, fixing on the headless figure, and he said, "That driver seems a bit off."

Cheng Jia behind him was on the verge of tears. "A bit off? This is straight-up supernatural! Can a normal person's head just fall off like that?"

"Is it because he's missing his head?" Gu Wuji pondered for a moment, stating what should have been obvious to anyone.

Despite this, Cheng Jia's gaze towards Gu Wuji was still filled with awe. In his eyes, Gu Wuji must have had a formidable plan, knowing exactly how to deal with this supernatural entity. Even if what he said sounded like nonsense, it must have had some profound meaning behind it.

In reality, Gu Wuji had no idea how to proceed. He simply had some experience from encountering similar situations before, coupled with some unconventional thinking...

Surveying his surroundings, he noticed a skull lying on the ground nearby. Without a hint of concern, he walked over and picked it up under Cheng Jia's horrified gaze, facing its half-rotted visage directly.

Bloodshot eyes bulged out, eerily fixing on him, as the black, blood-stained hair grew longer, subtly entwining around his arms.

"Master Gu, the head, the head..." Cheng Jia's trembling voice clearly betrayed his fear, his knees weak and shaking uncontrollably, barely able to remain standing. But seeing Gu Wuji's calm expression, his fear was instantly dispelled.