Chapter 15

"What happened?" Gu Wuji felt somewhat surprised and looked at Peng Haocang.

"After waking up, I saw their bodies. They were all chopped into pieces," Peng Haocang explained. He wanted to express that he and Gu Wuji were on the same side, so he shared the information. "Because both the waitress and Xiaoxin had contact with the ghost baby last night... So Sun Shi and Wang Ge suspect it's related to the ghost baby."

Wang Ge was previously Peng Haocang's roommate.

Gu Wuji thought for a moment and then spoke, "That's impossible." He hardly hesitated, "Although the child is a ghost, they aren't a malevolent spirit. How could they randomly do something like this?"

"I agree," Peng Haocang said, even though he felt that Gu Wuji was overly lenient toward the ghost baby. But outwardly, he had to support him. "However, Sun Shi and Wang Ge might be under too much stress. They even suspect you... and are unwilling to come over."

"It's unavoidable." Gu Wuji didn't have any other thoughts about this. He had experienced situations like this since childhood, where people around him would leave out of fear. It was just normal behavior.

"But maybe I can find a way to do something," Gu Wuji said thoughtfully, preparing to use his ghost-controlling abilities. "I just need to try it in a place where no one is around."

Peng Haocang was intrigued; it seemed like Gu Wuji was about to pull out something big. He quickly responded, "Then go to an empty room nearby. I'll keep watch outside."

Touched by Peng Haocang's kindness, Gu Wuji looked at him gratefully. He truly seemed like a good person.

As Gu Wuji entered the room alone, he closed the door and held his breath. He began sensing the lost souls and wandering ghosts around him.

However, he furrowed his brow.

It wasn't because there were too many ghosts nearby; that was normal in a supernatural scenario. What shocked Gu Wuji was how few ghosts there were. It was as if something more terrifying had devoured them all.

"Hopefully, Xiaoxin wasn't that unlucky, her soul being devoured right after death," Gu Wuji murmured. Yes, he was looking for Xiaoxin's soul. He wasn't sure how strong her grudge was or if it would exceed his control.

But luck seemed to be on his side this time. He quickly sensed Xiaoxin's ghost, filled with confusion and unaware of how she died.

These low-level souls didn't have much information, but they retained the most vivid impression from their last moments. However, since they lacked specific thoughts, they couldn't reveal the identity of the killer.

This knowledge came naturally to Gu Wuji after gaining his abilities.

Summoning Xiaoxin's soul, Gu Wuji instructed her to lower her head. He gently touched her forehead, attempting to access her memory fragments using the same method he'd used with other spirits.

The process went smoothly.

In Gu Wuji's mind, several scenes appeared—the same ones from yesterday in front of the bathroom. People gathered around the faucet, and Gu Wuji even saw himself.

"But it can't be that her most vivid memory after death is related to this faucet," Gu Wuji muttered. He didn't consider whether Xiaoxin might have a psychological trauma from being scared by the ghost baby. After all, he believed that a normal adult wouldn't be frightened by a child.

The subsequent scene played out exactly as it did yesterday. When Xiaoxin was frightened by the ghost baby and tried to leave in panic, her gaze suddenly fell on the mirror in front of her.