Chapter 137

After Gu Wuji's figure disappeared, the female ghost cowered in extreme fear, shivering in her spot.

If any other players were to pass by at this moment, they would undoubtedly be extremely shocked. In the game, such spirits are considered nearly invincible; encountering one usually meant that players had no choice but to flee.

Gu Wuji successfully escaped from that corridor and arrived at a nearby hall.

The female ghost he had just encountered felt very dangerous; she was certainly no ordinary spirit, especially with her intent to put him in a deadly situation. Gu Wujii had no desire to stay and confront her directly.

Thus, he immediately used his pocket watch, and Gu Wuji had no regrets about it. However, he was thinking that he had previously seen Austen in this game, but now and he wondered where Austen could be hiding.

"Let's keep moving," Gu Wuji said to the ghost beside him.

The ghost, paler with fright, responded, "This place is too dangerous. Perhaps we should find a place to rest." It really didn't have the courage to continue on with him!

"No, we need to get her back," Gu Wuji insisted, scanning the surroundings, trying to summon a maid ghost to ask for information, but there seemed to be no ghosts around, so he had to search for the room himself.

"If ghosts could sweat, this one would be sweating all over by now," the ghost muttered. "But how do we find her?"

Gu Wuji pondered for a moment. "She's just a little girl; she couldn't have gone far. Her room should be nearby; we might find some clues."

"A little girl?" the ghost exclaimed, startled. Clearly, the little girl was—

Gu Wuji looked over, his face full of surprise. "What's wrong?"

The ghost's mind suddenly recalled the idiom "calling a deer a horse," its memories having been murky before meeting Gu Wuji but now oddly clear with random thoughts.

The dim lighting in the hall added a somewhat sinister cast to Gu Wuji's handsome face, and his eyes seemed to carry a hint of murderous intent.

Though it didn't understand why it, a ghost, could imagine so much, the ghost felt that Gu Wuji's words were definitely a test!

"Nothing, nothing," the ghost hurriedly said. "It's not good to stay here long. We should get out quickly. I've heard that if you're not in your room at night but outside instead, and you stay out for more than five minutes, powerful ghosts will appear."

Originally, that was the plan—to trick Gu Wuji, but after what had happened earlier, it was clear that Gu Wuji was threatening it! If it tried anything, it might just end up cruelly killed by this human.

"Alright," Gu Wuji said, not thinking too deeply, simply believing the ghost knew a lot.

The hall was less dim thanks to windows letting in the moonlight, allowing a clear view of the interior.

"It seems this is a place for guests to rest," Gu Wuji noted, touching a nearby table. "The table is also very clean; it must be cleaned daily."

"It seems this place is for guests to rest," Gu Wuji touched the table next to him, "The table is also very clean; it must be cleaned daily."

It's no wonder Felicia isn't afraid of others approaching that door. Given the complexity of this place, which is more intricate than a maze, finding the problematic door is as difficult as ascending to heaven.