Chapter 134

Gu Wujì, while being carried by two servants, had already felt that something was amiss.

The bodies of the two servants were extremely cold, and upon touch, he sensed a stiffness, not at all like that of normal humans. With Gu Wujì's rich experience, it was clear to him that these two were already corpses.

This was quite normal, as a game* where there were few dead would be truly shocking. However, Gu Wujì also smelled a burnt scent on them, which immediately reminded him of an accident that had occurred years ago.

"...These bodies have been preserved for too long."

Throughout the journey, Gu Wujì had been observing his surroundings. The building was quite ancient, and perhaps due to repairs made after a fire, he felt that many places had an indiscernible sense of discordance.

But he soon had no time to observe further, as he had arrived at Felicia's room, and the servants left after bringing Gu Wujì inside. Felicia himself was still outside handling some matters, giving Gu Wujì time to carefully observe the place.

"Felicia will probably be back soon." Gu Wujì took a deep breath, knowing he had to gather as much information as possible before Felicia returned. Otherwise, it would turn into the worst-case scenario—

After all, if he, as a spy, knew nothing and aroused Felicia's suspicion, it would be even worse than other players finding out. He might even die on the spot.

Strictly speaking, this mission was much harder than the side missions he had undertaken before.

Of course, the most important thing was that Gu Wujì's professional ethics would not allow such an event to happen.

The bedroom was quite large, with an inner and outer room, and a large window beside the bed facing the outside. Looking out the window, there was a grassland, and in the midst of the fog, a simple tombstone could be vaguely seen. Beyond that, nothing could be clearly made out, only the unsettling dark shadows.

Gu Wujì glanced briefly, then began searching the room for information related to this game*.

Fortunately, this was not too difficult a task. He quickly found a notebook on the bookshelf. Upon opening it, Gu Wujì was shocked.

This book had many similarities with the captain's journal he had seen in the ghost ship game* on how to summon an evil god. However, it seemed the results of the ritual were different, making the process quite complex. This notebook was also relatively new, with its contents more disorganized, making it hard to directly deduce the ritual of this game*.

"Indeed, this game* is connected to that one." Gu Wujì closed the notebook, and then surprisingly found a photo album. Upon opening it, it seemed to be Felicia's photos from the past, and these photos were all black and white.

"What is the level of technology in this world?" Gu Wuji held this thought while flipping through the pages.

It was apparent that Felicia was a beautiful child in his  younger years, but he seemed to have been in poor health and didn't have many photos taken outside. Most of the pictures were around buildings.

However, as Gu Wuji was about to turn to the next page, he suddenly froze.

The photo unexpectedly featured a player who had entered the game this time. Faintly visible in the corner of the photo, behind a window, was a face that seemed to carry a look of terror. Although it was extremely blurry, it was clearly one of the other players he had seen while eating.

"What's going on his e?"

This was clearly a photo from the past, so how could a player's face appear? This player couldn't possibly be an NPC in disguise, especially since they were well-known individuals from the outside world. Although Gu Wuji didn't recognize them, he was well aware that a new face appearing his e would definitely be guarded against by others.