Chapter 14

After Gu Wuji came out of the kitchen, the remaining people looked at him with admiration in their eyes. No one looked down on Gu Wuji anymore like they did on the first day... Rather, those who had looked down on him were mostly dead by now.

Peng Haocang felt even more that Gu Wuji was a dark horse, seeming to solve everything with ease. But how could that be possible? This was a genuinely haunted world where one could die, not some game!

If it had been him alone on the third floor encountering that ghost baby, he probably would have lost his life there. And Gu Wuji, who knows what dangers he had encountered upstairs, yet he could come back as if nothing had happened. He must have some extremely powerful life-saving item on him!

Logically speaking, such a person should be very cunning, but... Peng Haocang still felt that Gu Wuji was a very warm-hearted and kind person who seemed to think differently from normal people.

Recalling Gu Wuji's identity in reality, Peng Haocang broke out in a cold sweat. Could it be that this was all an act of superior acting skills? Even he was influenced imperceptibly! Peng Haocang once again felt the terror of Gu Wuji.

Gu Wuji noticed that Peng Haocang seemed to be looking at him all the time and even showed him a warm smile.

Peng Haocang instantly broke out in a cold sweat, feeling that his identity and purpose might have already been known by Gu Wuji.

It was already dusk now, and after everyone had dinner, they gathered in Peng Haocang's room.

Gu Wuji shared what he had observed. Hearing that there might be other ghosts in this hotel, everyone's face turned sour. This ordinary hotel had already claimed so many lives, and now there might be more ghosts.

Peng Haocang's expression was the most subtle one. He realized that this game differed greatly from what he knew... Incorrect information was the most fatal, dying faster than knowing nothing at all. It seemed someone in the organization did not wish for him to leave alive.

But he definitely wouldn't die here! Peng Haocang subconsciously looked at Gu Wuji, secretly thinking about how to gain his trust.

"I think the clue to leaving the game must be in that room, but I've tried, and it's impossible to open that door without the key," Gu Wuji said.

The girl quickly spoke up, "I noticed earlier that the old lady behind the counter once put a bunch of keys in the drawer, I guess the key to the third floor is also among them."

"If we forcefully take the keys, it will definitely lead to a dispute, and if we're not careful, it could be interpreted as attacking the other party, and then we're done for," another man worriedly said.

What's more terrifying is that even if we managed to get the keys without physical contact, who knows if that old woman would suddenly turn into a ghost and attack us?

"It seems we can only think of a way to lure her away," Peng Haocang pondered and said, "But since we arrived, that old woman has been sitting behind the counter without moving at all. Just now as well, no matter what I said, she didn't show any interest."

"Then maybe we can see if we can take a look while they are asleep tonight?" Sun Shi quietly suggested, seeming not very confident in his proposal.

"But coming out at night is too dangerous. Who knows if we'll encounter another ghost that Xiao Gu mentioned. Based on my experience, although you can find a lot of clues at night in the game, it's also the most dangerous time, and a slight carelessness could mean the end of us," Peng Haocang rejected the proposal.