Chapter 125

When Gu Wuji got up from the bed, he immediately tossed the events of the previous world to the back of his mind.

After all, once a game is cleared, there aren't many who would dwell on the earlier levels.

Following the system's routine settlement, Lu Yuanshou sent Gu Wuji a message of thanks. It was only after waking up and reviewing the recording that Lu Yuanshou realized he had actually passed out midway. If it hadn't been for Gu Wuji's help, he might have met his end in that instance. He was utterly filled with gratitude.

At the same time, Lu Yuanshou also marveled at how much the instance's antagonist bosses seemed to favor Gu Wuji... He began to notice that in every instance they went through together, it seemed like there was always something happening between Gu Wuji and the antagonist bosses, the probability of which was already hitting a hundred percent!

It was only because the footage of him unconscious wasn't recorded that Lu Yuanshou didn't find out the reason the previous instance's mermaid boss wanted to kill him was because it thought he was the other woman...

Of course, Gu Wuji wouldn't let Lu Yuanshou know about this.

"Speaking of the mission from the previous instance, did anyone get the required item?" Gu Wuji still didn't know what the specific item required for that instance was.

"Of course not. The specified item was actually a mermaid's scale," Lu Yuanshou shook his head, "Of course, most of us didn't even get close to touching a mermaid, and the danger it posed was beyond our imagination."

Gu Wuji: "..."

Gu Wuji: "Speaking of scales, it seems I did get two pieces."

Although Gu Wuji intended to return this token of affection to the mermaid, the mermaid became furious over the matter, and in the end, Gu Wuji had no choice but to take the two scales with him.

Lu Yuanshou: "??"

Lu Yuanshou felt the turn of events was too sudden, wondering how Gu Wuji seemingly so casually obtained the scales, and two of them at that!

However, considering the melodramatic feud between Gu Wuji and the mermaid, Lu Yuanshou thought Gu Wuji must have gone through a lot. With a complicated tone, he said, "Name your price. Any amount of points I can afford is fine, or if you want to trade for some items, that's okay too."

Gu Wuji was somewhat surprised, "I can just give them to you."

For Gu Wuji, Lu Yuanshou was one of his few friends. Although Gu Wuji didn't have much experience in socializing, he didn't mind giving such an item to a friend.

Lu Yuanshou was silent for a moment, then his tone became much more excited, "From now on, we are brothers for life! No matter what happens, you can always count on me."

They submitted their application to the organization. Meanwhile, the other players in the instance uploaded their videos, as no one could resist sharing such a sensational story. Naturally, each video was titled sensationally.

"Shocking! A player falls in a cross-species love affair with the instance's boss! Fellow teammates are green with envy."

"Is it a twist of human nature or a moral decline? A male player callously betrays the instance boss! Abandoned, the boss rages, nearly wiping out the team!"

Of course, these titles were just clickbait, but they achieved their purpose.

Everyone was shocked, and upon realizing that Gu Wuji was the protagonist of these videos, they had a sense of 'of course, it's you.'

After all, who else could pull off such feats!

It was unexpected that such a scenario could occur a second time. It was one thing for the mountain god to take a fancy to Gu Wuji, but now a mermaid had appeared.