Chapter 136

Unknowingly, the sky had completely darkened. The people held only oil lamps for illumination. The style of these oil lamps was very antique, relying solely on candles to provide light. The illumination was dim, barely enough to light up a half-meter radius around them. Moreover, if the wind picked up even slightly, one might suspect the candles would extinguish.

Everyone understood the importance of these oil lamps. After all, in this dungeon, they were indispensable props. Not only did they keep the ghosts away, but more crucially, only these lamps could reveal the presence of divine tokens within the building.

Although they were unsure how to gain favor with the gods in this dungeon, using their brains, they realized that the gods would surely reward the most devout among them.

Essentially, only those who collected the most tokens would be privileged as the most faithful followers. This enticed many players; they had come here seeking power.

At the moment when the indoor atmosphere was most oppressive, everyone understood that everything had begun.

The decor in this grand hall suddenly transformed into an antique style. The surroundings felt peculiar, as if they had traveled back a century within this building.

The strange part was that the paths leading elsewhere had been disrupted. Forks in the road appeared, and no one knew where these diverging paths led.

Naturally, everyone refrained from communicating with others and walked toward their chosen entrance. To avoid conflict, no one selected the same entrance.

Although Rong Qingman worried about Gu Wujì, the current situation prevented him from waiting in the hall any longer. There was an unspoken rule in this building: staying in one place for more than five minutes would attract stronger ghosts.

"Ah, if only I had explained the crucial details of this dungeon to him back on the ship. I thought there would be time later, but who knew that Felicia would..." Rong Qingman sighed, filled with regret.

Each of them had extensively researched and investigated the default rules of this dungeon. But Gu Wujì entered without knowing anything...

"I hope he's hiding in a safe room now, waiting until dawn. Otherwise, staying in this building without an oil lamp is as good as suicide." Rong Qingman could only hope for the best.

The ghosts in this dungeon were not easy to deal with. While there were plenty of low-level ghosts that could be dispatched easily, killing them would attract higher-level ones.

Those ghosts were once devout believers and could even wield some of the world's divine power. Encountering them without divine protection meant risking one's life.

>

Gu Wujì continued walking through the building. The surroundings were pitch-black, and if it weren't for his improved constitution from multiple dungeon experiences, he wouldn't have seen the path ahead.

Along the way, he encountered low-level monsters—creatures born from deep resentment. Gu Wujì dispatched them efficiently with a kitchen knife.

The scene frightened the nearby ghosts, who wondered what terrifying person they had encountered!

In reality, Gu Wujì felt quite friendly. The system demanded he be cold toward humans, but being kind to ghosts shouldn't be an issue, right?

However, due to his unintentional decisiveness in killing monsters, other ghosts felt a sense of fear.

"What's going on? Why haven't we reached the main hall after walking for so long?" Gu Wujì felt it had been too long.

The nearby ghost, fearing Gu Wujì might harm it, quickly explained, "This is because the building undergoes changes after dark. It's become a strange space, making it difficult to find a way out. Please don't get agitated."