Chapter 111

After Gu Wuji finally deciphered the chaotic words of the man surnamed Tao, he understood the reason behind the turmoil.

It turned out that someone wanted to fabricate scandals against him, intending to ruin his reputation.

Gu Wuji was astonished; he had never imagined he would get caught up in such a situation. Yet, he couldn't help but feel somewhat moved afterward, sensing that he was getting closer to his goal. After all, as a well-known actor, he always seemed to encounter such troubles.

Even in extreme fear of being killed, the man surnamed Tao still disclosed every detail about his backer.

Gu Wuji found the man's name quite familiar. It seemed that he had encountered him at a banquet with his agent before. The man's attitude seemed decent at the time, although their cooperation didn't go far afterward. Why would he want to harm him like this?

"It seems that although there are many good people in the world, there are also such inexplicable villains," Gu Wuji pondered.

In reality, the situation was that the other party had intended to take advantage of Gu Wuji, but he failed to perceive their insinuations. Even when they attempted to coerce him, he accidentally revealed his astonishing strength, frightening the boss and his subordinates, who thought Gu Wuji was deliberately threatening them.

In short, unbeknownst to Gu Wuji, the other party had already held a grudge against him in this matter.

"Then you may leave. But just in case," Gu Wuji said calmly as he effortlessly deformed the tool in front of him with a flick of his hand. "I'll destroy it first."

The man surnamed Tao, witnessing this scene, nearly fainted in terror. What he saw reaffirmed Gu Wuji's inhuman nature in his mind! How could an ordinary person achieve such a feat?

No wonder the boss had hinted at caution when assigning him the task. He had thought it was about the security of the neighborhood. Now he realized it was a warning to beware of Gu Wuji! How ruthless the boss was to send him after such a person!

As the man surnamed Tao stepped out of Gu Wuji's house, feeling the gentle breeze and the bright sunlight once more, he felt as though he had narrowly escaped death and grew to appreciate life even more.

Of course, he dared not complain about Gu Wuji anymore, but his resentment towards the backer was brimming. He was already planning how to ruin the backer's reputation.

---

The Ning family, who had been monitoring Gu Wuji's house, were somewhat surprised. They hadn't expected Gu Wuji to easily let the outsider go. Perhaps he wasn't such a bad person after all.

Moreover, during their surveillance, they had found nothing suspicious about Gu Wuji. His life seemed remarkably modest.

"Could someone like him really be connected to the Bai family?"

"Is it possible he's just been inexplicably caught up in this situation..."

"However, the strange occurrences around him from time to time are still difficult to explain."

The members of the Ning family discussed among themselves, but their impression of Gu Wuji unavoidably shifted.

Though even if Gu Wuji truly intended to harm that man, they wouldn't intervene. The Ning family wasn't exactly a benevolent clan to begin with. However, they still harbored some trepidation in their hearts.

"Since the other party isn't entirely ruthless, perhaps we shouldn't act against the young master from the Cheng family just yet. If we push him too hard, it might complicate matters."