Chapter 104

At this moment, in a corner of the grand hall of this abandoned villa game, cold sweat trickled down the faces of the group.

They were players about to ascend to the intermediate level of the game, and then they arrived in this game.

Who would have thought that shortly after they entered, ghosts suddenly appeared around them, and not just one or two, but a large number of them!

Scared, these people couldn't help but hide in the corner of the hall, their minds starting to question life. Was this really just an ordinary low-level game, and not some high-level game?

The only fortunate thing was that these ghosts seemed to have no intention of attacking them, or rather, they didn't even seem to notice them...

Then they suddenly noticed that someone with closed eyes was walking down from the second floor. Due to the angle and the light source, they could see him clearly, and they could even see that the figure carried a hint of illusion, as if it could dissipate in this space at any moment.

"What is that? Is it also a ghost of this game?"

But unlike the other grotesque ghosts, that figure, no matter how you looked at it, was a handsome young man, completely devoid of the terrifying feeling of ghosts, but rather made people feel quite familiar.

In fact, they felt as if the other person was a living human being.

"Could this be some kind of memory replay of this game? Is he the former owner here?" These players kept guessing.

What was astonishing was that the surrounding ghosts seemed to regard this young man with a hint of awe, as if they didn't dare to approach him.

In the next moment, something even more astonishing happened. Another figure appeared in the center of the hall, facing away from them.

All the players couldn't see the true face of that figure, only a dark mist, but even so, they felt a chill in their hearts. The sense of crisis this ghost brought to them far exceeded that of the previous ghost boss in several games.

What was even more shocking was that all the ordinary ghosts around them had been scared into kneeling on the ground, as if they had encountered their king.

"Will we even make it out alive with this boss being so formidable?"

"So terrifying... I hope nothing happens to that ghost."

The ghost of that young man was like an untainted existence here, and so human-like, naturally making these players reluctant to see him in any danger.

From the surrounding eyeless ghosts and the situation of the young man with closed eyes, these players seemed to vaguely realize something, but couldn't quite grasp it all at once.

Then, the menacing ghost slowly approached the young man walking down, and they seemed to be exchanging words, but they were too far apart for the players to hear.

For some reason, these hiding players all felt like they were mere spectators in this game.

...

...

Gu Wujì kept his eyes tightly shut and calmly spoke, "Indeed, I didn't expect such a coincidence."

As he spoke, he attempted to walk towards the door, but suddenly felt the chilling atmosphere around him, almost freezing his body, making his steps stiffen.

Soon, Gu Wujì felt like he could hardly move at all. Obviously, that terrifying presence was now standing right in front of him.

At this moment, he almost gave in to the urge to open his eyes and see what was happening outside. But Gu Wujì resisted the impulse.