Chapter 121

Upon stepping into the outside world, everyone immediately sensed that something was off today.

The restaurant was completely empty, not a soul in sight, no one had prepared breakfast, and the chairs were scattered about as if some mishap had occurred.

"What on earth happened?" Everyone instinctively turned their gaze towards Falcon, who was nearby.

Falcon himself frowned, sensing that the situation was not as he had anticipated, "This shouldn't be happening now..."

The next moment, the building shook, and an alarm went off, signaling an emergency that directed everyone to seek refuge in a large hall due to some accident.

Gu Wuji glanced around and hurriedly followed the crowd, feeling a sense of discordance throughout the surroundings, not even a single staff member was in sight.

However, upon reaching the hall, it was filled with people who seemed to have received the news earlier than Gu Wuji and his group.

Most of the institute's occupants were gathered here, as Falcon had mentioned the day before, indicating that a significant event was expected to occur today in the institute.

The hall appeared to be used for experiments, with a large pool next to it, the contents of which were obscured to all, leaving everyone clueless about what it contained.

"Nobody expected an experiment to go out of control suddenly. You all must have been startled," a researcher came forward to reassure, "Director Fiona is currently figuring out how to manage the situation."

"What exactly happened? How could a single experiment going awry lead to this state of the facility?"

"I'm not quite clear on the details myself, but let's all have some emergency food to calm down," the researcher suggested, distributing emergency rations among the people.

Considering Falcon's words from the day before, everyone began to suspect that this situation might be a trap set against them, their expressions darkening with the thought that if things were truly dire, they might have to confront the NPCs directly.

While others looked worn and tired, only Director Fiona seemed to be in high spirits, almost as if she harbored a sense of excitement about the situation.

Just then, Gu Wuji suddenly stood up and said, "Please wait a moment. Before we proceed with the work, I have something to say regarding the reason behind the hallucinations everyone has been experiencing in this institute."

"What?" The others looked at Gu Wuji in surprise. It was puzzling to them; he had only done manual labor the day before and didn't seem to have discovered anything significant, yet he claimed to have something to say.

A researcher stepped forward intending to stop Gu Wuji, but Director Fiona showed a hint of interest, "What do you want to say?"

Since Director Fiona allowed Gu Wuji to speak, no one else could really stop him, so they watched as he moved to the center.

"In fact, I've nearly figured out why everyone has been experiencing hallucinations," Gu Wuji stated.

"What do you mean?" The faces of the others turned sour.

The players were speechless, wondering if Gu Wuji was about to disclose something they already knew from the day before! What was the point of this if not to alert and scare off their suspects?

At that moment, everyone felt as if they had encountered a foolish teammate.

However, as a researcher began to speak, security guards approached with the intent to intervene but were halted by Director Fiona, who said, "Let him speak."