Chapter 115

Everyone else was blind to the situation here.

Only Gu Wuji quickly realized that at that moment, a faint white light emerged from Old Master Xia's body, effectively blocking the female ghost.

Seizing the opportunity, Gu Wuji had already rushed to Old Master Xia's side, standing in front of him and staring steadily at the female ghost before him.

It was clear that as time passed, the female ghost had become even more powerful, to the extent that those standing in front of her felt suffocated.

The appearance of the female ghost had also become clearer, reaching a level where people around could notice the anomaly.

Indeed, the appearance of this female ghost was completely different from the woman in the portrait, if one had to say...

"You must be Old Master Xia's second wife," Gu Wuji spoke, his peripheral vision catching something, and he discreetly signaled towards a corner without making any sound.

The people around were all shocked, but upon reflection, it made sense, considering the tragic death of the second wife; it wasn't strange for her to become a ghost.

Old Master Xia's expression was very complex, a mix of loss and guilt.

Perhaps because her power had greatly increased, believing Gu Wuji was no longer a threat, the female ghost sneered and looked over, "Such knowledge is meaningless... Knowing it has no impact on me. However, I am quite curious how you found out."

"I saw it before," Gu Wuji said, his expression complex, "I saw those memories of yours, which utterly surprised me. I hadn't expected the situation back then to be like that..."

The people around were momentarily stunned, unable to keep up with the conversation between them, wondering what Gu Wuji knew that they didn't.

"It was all his fault!" The female ghost's face turned cold upon hearing Gu Wuji's words, her gaze towards Old Master Xia becoming incredibly fierce, "He had promised to marry me but fell in love with that woman, saying he wanted to treat her well now. How could I possibly forgive such behavior!"

Everyone hadn't expected to hear such explosive gossip at this point, feeling as if the scene had shifted from a horror thriller to a family drama, but the one sharing the gossip was a terrifying female ghost... This mixture of fear and eagerness for gossip was a novel experience for them.

Hearing the female ghost's words, Old Master Xia's expression immediately turned bitter, "I am sorry. Everything was my fault. I had decided to live well with her, and you should have pursued your new life as well... Now, even if you want to kill me, I have no complaints."

The incident that had occurred was incredibly melodramatic, likely a story of a family heir who married for business reasons to save the family but ended up genuinely falling in love with the marriage partner.

"Do you think such light words from you can solve the problem?" the female ghost scoffed, her words filled with disdain, "Everything I told you back then was a lie. The child in my womb wasn't the result of a drunken accident; it was fake from the beginning. It was just a ghost I nourished with my own body... Why do you think that woman killed herself?"

As the topic of nourishing ghosts with one's body came up, several people immediately looked towards Xia Xi and the masked man behind him. Xia Xi, with a look of surprise, indicated he had no knowledge of this. As for the man behind him, he simply shook his head.

Despite their suspicions, the crowd had no evidence... Besides, it seemed like the Bai family hadn't really been exposed for doing anything like this to outsiders.