Chapter 123

Director Fiona could hardly believe her eyes; the ghosts seemed unusually friendly toward this human. No, was this person even human at all?

Even in her heart, Director Fiona started to harbor a wariness toward Gu Wuji.

Falcon, on the other hand, saw things differently. Witnessing this scene, he immediately wondered if these ghosts were incapable of harming humans. If Gu Wuji truly possessed some bug-level ability to avoid ghostly harm, how could there not have been any news of it?

Upon closer inspection, Falcon confirmed that the ghosts posed no threat to Gu Wuji. In fact, they seemed quite gentle, reminiscent of the harmless, grudge-free spirits he had encountered in other games. Resolved, he immediately jumped into the water ahead.

He couldn't let this opportunity slip to someone as insignificant as a passerby!

The ghosts were closing in, yet Falcon remained unfazed. If Gu Wuji could stay so calm, he surely couldn't show weakness in front of these players.

The surrounding players gasped in amazement, transfixed by the spectacle before them.

"Could it be that Falcon also has a way to avoid being entangled by ghosts?"

"Isn't he just impressive?"

Only Lu Yuanzhou and Falcon's underlings felt something odd. They had never heard about this ability before. Perhaps Falcon had discovered some method in this game.

"Wait, be careful," Gu Wuji said as he saw Falcon's move. "These ghosts aren't easy to deal with."

"Heh," Falcon scoffed, thinking Gu Wuji was trying to deceive him. "You mean to say, these ghosts won't lay a hand on you but will attack me? Who do you think you are, that the ghosts would treat you any differently..."

The next moment, his expression drastically changed. The ghosts, previously gentle, turned fierce as soon as he approached, and without hesitation, they pounced on him, biting viciously.

Frightened, Falcon hastily used a defensive item to escape from being surrounded by the ghosts; otherwise, he would have been a corpse by now.

The others fell silent upon witnessing this scene, and Falcon's underlings pretended not to see their boss's embarrassing moment.

"You bastard!" Falcon, humiliated in public, was livid, his eyes filled with malice as he glared at Gu Wuji.

Gu Wuji could only shake his head, feeling utterly blameless. "I did warn you..."

Falcon was extremely annoyed. Being the person he was, he never considered his own faults and instead believed that Gu Wuji had deliberately provoked him. But now, he found himself without any means to get past the barrier of ghosts to reach the tank.

Meanwhile, Gu Wuji turned around, observing the mermaid in front of him, still unsure of how to proceed. He tentatively reached out to touch the water in the tank.

"We can't let him succeed... Remember who truly has the power to control you," Director Fiona murmured to the ghosts in the water, her face turning pale as if her body couldn't bear it, and blood spilled from her mouth.

Everyone clearly saw her body become somewhat transparent. At the same time, the ghosts in the water, as if driven, showed expressions of struggle and pain, and lunged toward Gu Wuji.

"It seems that Director Fiona still has some control over this dream."

Gu Wuji pondered for a moment, then managed to restrain the ghosts in front of him, but the continuous onslaught of spirits from behind made it difficult for him to handle them all. He resorted to using a technique to control ghosts, managing to take control of a few spirits in front.