Chapter 108

"What in the hell is this?"

Even though they knew this was a world within a painting, when everyone saw those enormous eyes that bore no resemblance to reality, they deeply grasped the essence of this world for the first time.

Could it be that the owner they were encountering now wasn't the dreaded ghost boss of this world? But wasn't it strange that the mainline quests completed by the system hadn't mentioned anything about these eyes, or was it that the owner conjured them up as well?

Only Gu Wujì, upon seeing those terrifying eyes, felt a strong sense of familiarity that made him understand everything.

"It seems it's Jin Yu... Wasn't his timing just perfect?" Gu Wujì had actually been pondering how to deal with this owner.

After all, when the other had possessed him before, they had concealed their true strength. Now, after being exposed, their power had increased exponentially. This owner not only possessed a strong obsession but had also self-taught numerous bizarre spells, making them far from easy to deal with like ordinary ghosts.

Most importantly, this game was essentially a world within a painting created by the owner, which meant that everything inside was under their control. For players like them, it was incredibly challenging, nearly impossible to handle.

"Hasn't this owner been envious and resentful of Jin Yu for so long? Now that the other party has appeared, maybe they'll end up fighting, and then we can take the opportunity to escape," Gu Wujì thought.

After seeing those eyes, the owner glared at Gu Wujì with gritted teeth. "Even if he comes, I will still claim your soul first... As long as I finish that painting, even that guy..."

Gu Wujì keenly noted the owner's words and deeply ingrained them in his mind.

In the next instant, the surrounding dark creatures swarmed towards Gu Wujì, and not only that, even the owner himself lunged forward. He couldn't wait any longer.

As for those paintings where the figures were brawling, the owner probably found them quite embarrassing and didn't want to pay attention to them.

The other players were dealing with the monsters with beads of cold sweat dripping down their foreheads. However, these eerie creatures with regenerative abilities showed no interest in them at all. They crazily surged towards Gu Wujì's direction.

Rong Qingman's expression turned extremely ugly, and he silently thought to himself, "It seems that at this point, I can only use that move." He originally intended to save this rarely used item for entering advanced dungeons. But compared to Gu Wujì's life, what was the significance of such an item?

In his hand, a fragment of something had already appeared. This was a fragment Rong Qingman had obtained from a certain dungeon before. In that dungeon, everyone except him had ended up killing each other in a bid to seize such items, resulting in all of them dying in the end.

Although Rong Qingman had survived until the end, he had failed to obtain the complete item; what he held now was only a fragment of it.

However, even just this fragment possessed astonishing power. It could summon a portion of that incredibly terrifying boss, known as the godly boss by those in the dungeon. Its true form was estimated to be a formidable presence that could only appear in advanced dungeons...

Just as Rong Qingman was preparing to use it, Gu Wujì had already opened the pocket watch in his arms.

A flash of golden light filled the room, and a figure emitting a faint golden glow appeared before Gu Wujì. His figure was much more solid than before, almost revealing the handsome features of a golden-haired man.