Chapter 6

Realizing this, Gu Wuji froze all over, cold sweat threatening to trickle down his face. He felt the ghost's fingertips slowly tracing across his facial features.

The slimy, damp sensation felt like maggots crawling on his bones, even his blood seemed to start freezing, as cold gusts of wind slipped under his T-shirt, lifting it bit by bit...

"You're so sweet."

Although Ren Hui behind him couldn't hear the ghost's voice at all, nor did she know what they were doing, she could clearly feel Gu Wuji's body trembling faintly because she was close enough.

She could almost imagine the gruesome situation Gu Wuji was facing. Clearly, Gu Wuji, who had previously faced other ghosts with humor and even punched around confidently, was now trembling with fear. These ghosts must be terrifying to the extreme!

Despite being severely injured and powerless, she couldn't help Gu Wuji...

In her heart, Ren Hui couldn't help but deeply hate her own incompetence. Thinking that even in extreme fear, Gu Wuji still blocked the ghosts for her, she was deeply moved, feeling that all the great beings praised in various poems were not as great as Gu Wuji.

Meanwhile, a rather ominous thought arose in Gu Wuji's mind.

Could this villain boss be gay!?

Although Gu Wuji didn't discriminate against gay people or ghosts, and he didn't mean to discriminate against them. But as a single young man who had no interest in dating, if he turned into a ghost and had to find a partner, that would be too restrictive!

The scene instantly fell into an eerie silence.

The ghost, seeing Gu Wuji suddenly 'fearful', found this new attitude quite cute compared to before, and chuckled lightly as he spoke, "Unfortunately, rules cannot be broken. It seems I must send you away now."

"But before you leave, let me give you a little gift."

"...?"

Before Gu Wuji could even think, he felt the opponent's icy fingertips touch between his eyebrows. In the next instant, a wave of cold swept over his entire body. His vision went black, and he passed out just like that.

When he woke up again, Gu Wuji found himself lying on the kitchen floor, and through the window, he could see that it was already getting light outside.

"It looks like I made it back safely."

Gu Wuji got up, surveyed the kitchen resembling a crime scene, and finally began to feel sorry for his free-range black-boned chicken. It had been left out all night and he wasn't sure if it was still edible.

Plus, he hadn't eaten anything all night and was starving now, so he hastily poured himself some cereal and started to eat.

[Congratulations, player, for successfully completing the first dungeon. You've earned a guaranteed 100 points. Because of your resistance against the ghost and ordinary spirits, as well as your exposure to the main clues of the dungeon, and ultimately saving your teammate, you receive an additional 300 points. You now have a total of 400 points.]

"Oh?" Gu Wuji quickly realized that taking proactive action in the dungeon would surely have benefits. "But what's the use of these points? Can they be exchanged for money?"

He was in desperate need of money now, due to the sudden turn of events. He didn't even have money to eat outside. Luckily, he had paid the rent for a year in advance, or else he would have been kicked out already.

[No.] The system's voice was emotionless. [But players can purchase items in the shop. Some items can be used in reality and should help the host's situation.]