Chapter 113

For most, the mere thought of encountering a female ghost and capturing her is a significant challenge.

However, for Gu Wuji, the dilemma lies elsewhere... With so many people around, is it really appropriate to engage in such activities at this time? And what if the female ghost has no intention of appearing before others?

Bystanders gathered around, not treating Gu Wuji as some renowned expert they had invited.

After all, others carried the aura of a master, even those brought by Xia Xi exuded a mysterious and eerie vibe. However, Gu Wuji, having disguised himself, appeared utterly ordinary, leading everyone to assume he was merely Xia Yangshuo's male companion.

People also found it puzzling why Xia Yangshuo seemed to stand out at this moment, bringing along a 'male companion'. Could it be that he no longer cared for the Xia family's inheritance?

At this point, the elder continued, "Of course, I understand that fulfilling this request might be difficult. Therefore, as long as you can obtain the safe's combination from her and allow me to open that box, you would have completed my task."

This revelation stunned the few around him; the task had evidently become even more daunting! To actually inquire about a safe's combination from a ghost was exceedingly challenging!

Gu Wuji sensed something amiss. Considering the elder Xia's wealth, it seemed improbable that he hadn't been able to open a safe over the years. Furthermore, his previous request seemed as if...

It was as though the ghost didn't exist, and his actions were merely to prove its presence around him. The contents of the safe might not be crucial; what mattered most was his desire to prove something.

"Indeed, the complex emotions within these wealthy family disputes are beyond my comprehension," Gu Wuji concluded, shaking his head.

Suddenly, a piercing scream from outside drew everyone's attention.

"What's happening?"

Under normal circumstances, they would assume an accident had occurred outside, but the scream seemed unprovoked, causing widespread concern and fear of a more terrifying incident unfolding.

Then, a servant, drenched in cold sweat, rushed over, "There's, there's a body outside!"

"What? How could there be a body?" The crowd was taken aback, never expecting such an event, especially since they were merely attending a banquet and witnessing the selection of an heir.

The servant, seemingly out of his wits, explained in a flustered manner, "I don't know, there was nothing before, but suddenly, right in the middle of the road, it appeared!"

"Regardless, call the police immediately!"

"Someone's committing murder at such a time; is this some kind of movie imitation?"

"There are cameras everywhere outside; surely, the culprit will be caught soon, so there's no need to worry."

"Wait, suddenly there's no signal, can't make any calls."

The bystanders were astonished, feeling a chill down their spines. Although rumors about this place had circulated, could it truly be haunted, causing the sudden loss of signal?

Then, the lights in the hall flickered a few times before going out completely, plunging the room into darkness, with only the glow from people's phone screens remaining.

This, coupled with the sudden appearance of a body, created an eerie atmosphere.

Panic ensued, and the hall descended into chaos. If not for the presence of reputable individuals, who managed to maintain their composure despite the situation, a stampede might have occurred.