Chapter 119

Upon hearing Gu Wujì's words, the male gamer's face changed color, and he quickly said, "Brother Sun, don't get too worked up. If you go down there, you'll definitely encounter danger. These monsters are not so easy to deal with!"

Even though Gu Wujì had been enthusiastically hunting mermaids on the shore, the unpredictability of the water was simply too great. Just the thought of entering a pool where one could not see clearly what lay within was enough to send shivers down the spine of the male gamer.

"It's okay, I'm prepared, and I don't think the situation will be that bad... If it really comes to it, I have items I can use," Gu Wujì said.

Gu Wujì could feel the mermaids' resistance in the water, but he did not sense a strong intent to kill from their voices. Moreover, with his healing abilities and other measures, he should be able to escape if he really encountered danger.

And thanks to his enhanced physical condition, he now could hold his breath in the water for much longer, not at all like an ordinary person.

This was a dangerous move, but then again, everything in the game came with its risks. Compared to other dangers, this one didn't seem so significant.

Unable to persuade him, the male gamer could only watch anxiously as Gu Wujì approached the pool's edge. Perhaps out of a sense of guilt, he finally said, "Actually, before I entered the game, the clue I got was... it's best not to go near the water's edge. You have to be careful..."

Gu Wujì was touched by the male gamer's words. He already knew this, but he didn't expect the other to remind him. It seemed there were still good people in the world.

However, all these clues pointing towards the water made it impossible to ignore.

He walked to the edge of the pool, and under the curious gaze of several mermaids, he jumped into the water.

The pool was extremely cold, as if the chill could penetrate to the bone. It wasn't just the temperature of the liquid; it seemed to be mixed with resentment... Considering that many people might have died here, Gu Wujì guessed that quite a few ghosts might be present.

If an ordinary person had come, they might have frozen stiff on the spot, but this was nothing for Gu Wujì. Holding his breath, he surveyed his surroundings.

The pool was dim and seemed much deeper than it felt from the shore, bottomless at a glance, giving off an extremely unsettling feeling.

The mermaids around had also dived down, curiously approaching Gu Wujì. Then, thinking he was there to play, they joyfully swam around him.

This scene could be described as quite romantic and beautiful, assuming these mermaids weren't such terrifying killing machines. A single slap of their tails in the water could probably cause internal injuries.

If it had been someone else who was not favored by these mermaids, instead of diving into the water, they would probably have been bitten to pieces on the spot.

Gu Wujì fixed his gaze on his target mermaid and placed his hand on the shoulder of a nearby mermaid, who nodded immediately and led Gu Wujì towards the difficult-to-approach mermaid. However, as they neared their destination, the other mermaids backed away, clearly fearing their companion.

Up to this point, things had gone smoothly. Gu Wujì looked at the mermaid not far away, recalling his plan.

If he could get close to this mermaid, he would be able to use magic to bind it, and then pull it back to the surface with a rope. Of course, the plan sounded simple, but in practice, he found it wasn't as easy in the water as he had thought. He had already expended much of his energy just getting there, and if he couldn't resolve the situation quickly, he would need to return to the surface for air.