Chapter 129

The situation didn't even end here. Lu Hao looked down at Gu Wuji and, of course, Gu Wuji showed him a friendly smile.

Lu Hao felt as if he was recognized by a god, immediately got excited, and couldn't stop talking. He kept praising Gu Wuji's character, quality, and acting skills... Even though he hadn't actually seen much of Gu Wuji's work, how bad could the acting of such a person be!

Everyone was stunned. Was this the Lu Hao they knew? The one with a prideful temper, who, if not for the company managing his social accounts, would have offended countless people by now, was actually lavishing praise on someone he had just had a friction with!

Even if it was to avoid offending Little Boss Cheng, this was going too far! It felt like he had become a different person. If Lu Hao's attitude was an act, he would definitely be hailed as a genius new actor with astonishing acting skills by now.

So... maybe he was genuinely praising Gu Wuji, not out of necessity.

Everyone was shocked, wondering if Gu Wuji really had such strong personal charisma.

In the end, it was the host who had to interrupt Lu Hao's speech to finally end this segment.

The agent, watching Lu Hao walk down the stage, was moved to tears for a moment, suddenly feeling that Lu Hao had grown up.

The award ceremony then proceeded orderly. Everything seemed fine, but Gu Wuji felt the aura in the venue getting heavier, and many people felt the temperature dropping, though they attributed it to the air conditioning being too low.

At that moment, Cheng Liangmiao, who was beside Gu Wuji, received a message. He frowned, turned around, and went outside, apparently to make a phone call.

This was a normal occurrence, but Gu Wuji, when he left, suddenly saw that Cheng Liangmiao's expression wasn't very good, feeling that he might not encounter anything good next.

Gu Wuji couldn't just sit there and did the same, saying hello to Cheng Jia in front, and even passed a few talisman papers over, asking him and his assistant to be careful, before he also went outside.

...

...

At the backstage area.

Most people had already fainted on the ground, faces bearing fright, unconscious. Only one person, pale-faced, was bravely handling the backstage matters, not daring to slow down his movements at all.

After all, a ghost was still hovering behind him, threatening his life at all times.

A person whose face could not be seen was standing behind the staff, looking at the scene in front of him and sneering, "The time should be just about right..."

In the surveillance video, around the venue of the award ceremony, a faint black fog had already appeared, attracting the lonely ghosts around. This place had essentially become a den of ghosts.

As long as the yin energy became dense enough to surpass a certain threshold, an anomaly would occur here.

"You better do a good job. If the live broadcast gets cut off, be careful of your little life." The man coldly spoke to the staff, "You should know there are plenty of people here. Without you, I can still awaken others."

The staff in front was sweating profusely, feeling like he was about to be silenced, but he couldn't do anything except hope for someone to save him.

...

Cheng Liangmiao left the hall and went to the quieter bathroom to make a phone call, but he couldn't get through no matter how he tried, which made him frown, "What's going on, is the signal bad?"