Chapter 132

Gu Wuji found himself on a small boat amidst a lake, the surrounding view obscured by dense fog. The sky, barely visible, appeared gloomy, and the water's surface was a uniform grey, concealing whatever lay beneath.

This scene had no apparent connection to a snowy mountain village, unless the plot required them to take a boat to the mountain's base before ascending, which seemed highly improbable given the lack of mountains in sight.

More disconcertingly, this scene mirrored exactly one Gu Wuji encountered previously in a game, as a punishment for an incomplete side mission, when he met Austin. The only difference now seemed to be the light, making the surroundings less eerie but no less foreboding.

Fortunately, this game did not share the haunting atmosphere of the ghost ship game, where one felt constantly watched. This allowed Gu Wuji a moment of relief.

So, had he indeed entered this game? He wondered if it was the one Rong Qingman had suggested. He regretted not agreeing to it earlier and inquiring more about the game.

Despite his initial shock, Gu Wuji quickly accepted his situation; rejecting it wouldn't change anything, as the game system was unlikely to return him. Rather than futilely contesting with the system, he decided to observe his surroundings. Given the potential dangers, especially considering the lethality of a certain evil deity, he judged this game to be even more perilous than the last.

Gu Wuji noticed four other individuals on the boat with him, all cloaked in hoods that hid their faces, sitting in silence.

Other boats could vaguely be seen on the lake. If these occupants were players, without any NPCs, the game seemed to have attracted a significant number of participants.

Strangely, despite no one rowing, all boats moved uniformly towards a destination, as if something beneath the water was pulling them.

[You are guests attending a secret banquet.]

[The venue is the residence of a noble's descendant, rumored to have discovered the secret to eternal life centuries ago, only to then become deranged, slaughtering everyone before ***.]

[The tragedy spared only his child, who was away studying and later rebuilt the lakeside estate. It's in this building that a banquet is to be held.]

[All of you hold enviable positions in the outside world, shrouded in secrets and inner darkness. The building holds the key to realizing your dreams.]

[Main mission triggered: Arrive on the island and enter the building.]

Hearing the system's briefing, Gu Wuji pieced together the background of this game, relating to the noble from a century ago. Connecting this to the game's boss, presumably an evil deity, he began to envision various sacrificial rituals associated with such deities.

Although Gu Wuji had once escaped from the clutches of the Evil God thanks to Austin during that ghostly cruise game, Gu believed that times had changed and that he could definitely escape from the Evil God's grasp with his upgraded abilities.

Moreover, even if the Evil God was a high-level boss, he would definitely be restricted in a mid-level game. If Gu could use this to his advantage and complete the main quest, then not even the Evil God could hold him back.

At this moment, the other people on the ship also started to move. A figure approached Gu, not far from him, revealing the face of Rong Qingman.

"Indeed, I thought this figure looked familiar." Rong Qingman expressed surprise. "How did you end up here?"

"I'd love to know that myself," Gu responded sincerely.

Rong Qingman quickly understood the situation. Given the Evil God's special treatment of Gu, it was likely that he was forcibly pulled into this game... Of course, this wasn't a bug in the rules of the game.

A crowd of evil spirits line up to confess to meOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara