Chapter 117

Gu Wujì's consciousness seemed to be slowly sinking, and in a faint glimpse, he saw a pale shadow amidst a deep blue.

"You…"

The moment he spoke, a torrent of water rushed into his mouth, causing Gu Wujì to struggle involuntarily. His body was almost completely out of his control, and that figure seemed to get closer and closer.

But due to the lack of oxygen, Gu Wujì's vision blurred, and even if he widened his eyes, he could not see clearly what was in front of him.

Just as his consciousness was about to drift away completely, a golden eye suddenly appeared before him.

A sharp pain pierced through Gu Wujì's mind, abruptly pulling him from that eerie state, instantly waking his consciousness.

He propped himself up and coughed out a large amount of water, gasping for air, feeling as if he had come back to life with the fresh air he breathed.

Only then did Gu Wujì notice that his whole body was soaked, as if he had just been pulled out of water, and the liquid lingering in his mouth was very salty, indeed seawater.

It couldn't be that someone poured seawater over him while he was asleep, could it? Although the research institute was by the sea, getting access to seawater was not an easy task.

"What happened? I was just dreaming, but my body feels as if it really had been in seawater…" Gu Wujì sat up, observing his surroundings, only to find that apart from where his body had made contact, the bedding was completely dry.

This wasn't the first time that dreaming about ghosts had occurred to Gu Wujì. If it were someone else, they might have developed a psychological shadow and dared not sleep anymore, but for Gu Wujì, he would usually just go back to sleep.

However, it was very rare for the dream to affect reality, especially since both Gu Wujì's clothes and body were wet with seawater, making it impossible for him to just go back to sleep.

Gu Wujì had no choice but to get up, pick up clean clothes, and prepare to go to the bathroom outside for another shower, lest it affect his sleep quality. The moment he got up, a shiny object fell to the ground.

"What's this?" Gu Wujì reached out to pick it up, discovering it was a golden scale, which emitted a glow under the faint light, looking very beautiful.

.....
...

At this moment, a player was yawning as he made his way to the washroom.

He had slept quite well, encountering no surprises, and now merely wanted to use the bathroom.

However, upon leaving his room, he sensed something amiss. The temperature seemed lower, the corridor's lights were dim, and he could faintly see the light emanating from the washroom at the end of the hallway.

"There shouldn't be any problems," the player immediately became cautious. He had also purchased information from the system before entering this game.

"Logically, this game shouldn't be that dangerous... The boss should just be something studied in this research institute. It couldn't possibly sneak over here now, especially since it's only the first day of the game."

Despite comforting himself, he still held onto his self-defense item and slowly made his way to the washroom.

After knocking on the door with no response, the player took a deep breath, suddenly pushed the door open, and found it eerily empty, devoid of any presence.