Chapter 133

The voice of the system had not ceased there.

"Your task is to fulfill the wishes of the villa's owner. If you defy the setting, players will fall into a state of confused consciousness and will have to maintain their character on their own."

"If the task is not completed, players will be randomly teleported to the side of a ghost they had encountered before for 5 minutes after the game ends."

Gu Wuji thought to himself, "How harsh. The punishment for failing the task is the same as before, but if one defies their character, they will also fall into confusion. Isn't this forcing him to achieve the goal?"

With that, the system's speech came to an end. Gu Wuji also realized the huge pit the game had set for him, directly arranging for him to be a subordinate of the villain, and even in the role of a spy...

Moreover, the problem was that they didn't even tell him much about the owner of the villa. If he was not careful, he might expose himself at the villa owner's side as well. The situation could be said to be very troublesome.

However, at this moment, Gu Wuji didn't feel too much like he had been trapped. Rather, he was quite excited. As an actor with dreams of making it in the entertainment industry and who prided himself on his professionalism, Gu Wuji saw such a challenge as an opportunity he couldn't miss. He had to play this role of a spy well!

If he really was punished by the system, let alone confusion of consciousness, it would be an insult to his acting skills. Could it be that his own performance was not better than the system's arrangement?

...In any case, the system's words subtly ignited Gu Wuji's passion.

Subsequently, everyone was guided by the butler to sit down at the table. They noticed that the servants in the building all wore white masks with eerie patterns on them, at first glance resembling the face of a crying ghost, which was quite startling.

Even during the day, the building was very gloomy, and there were no modern electric lights, but oil lamps were used for illumination. Due to character setting restrictions, players did not have any tools to communicate with the outside world.

Gu Wuji originally planned to sit in an ordinary position, after all, he was a spy, so of course, he couldn't just expose himself. But as he was about to sit down, a servant beside him seemed to accidentally bump into Gu Wuji's back.

He also noticed the villa owner's somewhat displeased look.

What's with this owner?

"Because you have a very close relationship with the owner, he likes you to stay not far from him."

Gu Wuji felt something was wrong. But since his character required him to be very loyal to the owner, what could Gu Wuji do? He naturally sat down at a position close to the owner.

Since the number of seats matched the number of players, no one suspected anything.

"Felicia, the young master, welcomes you all," said the butler behind the owner. "I presume you all understand what this banquet signifies, and I believe you haven't brought anything that breaks the agreement."

Everyone tacitly agreed.

"The ceremony will be held in five days. Prepare yourselves during this time. By then, all of our wishes will be fulfilled."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

Gu Wuji was listening with a confused expression. What preparations? He knew too little about this game...