Chapter 130

The businessman's style changed so rapidly that for a moment, everyone couldn't grasp what was happening. It seemed as though the rule of law had suddenly gone online, leaving people wondering if this was part of some activity during the award ceremony.

The female ghost, initially full of resentment and ready to charge forward, was shocked into stillness, her presence seemingly lighter at the moment.

The host quickly tried to change the subject, saying, "Your joke is really interesting," while signaling with his eyes for others to pull the businessman away. How could such an incident occur during an award ceremony?

But the businessman remained unmoved, continuing to confess his past deeds. He was under the watchful eyes of many, even on live broadcast. Over the years, his wealth and power had led him to commit innumerable wrongdoings, too many to even speak of.

People around were dumbfounded, feeling that this didn't seem like a joke at all. The content of his words was too realistic... it was as if he was truly confessing!

The female ghost, too, halted her vengeful actions due to the businessman's voluntary confession. This infuriated the person behind the scenes, who urgently prompted the female ghost, but to no avail.

Seizing this opportunity, Gu Wuji continued to send messages to comfort Cheng Liangmiao, who was hiding somewhere, while rushing to the award ceremony to the spot that felt most off to him. His gaze quickly fixed on a backstage area.

"This has to be the place."

...

This live broadcast caused a stir in the outside world; no one expected such an incident to occur. Even those who had colluded with the businessman in the past were shocked upon seeing it.

But they couldn't suppress the news even if they wanted to, as the broadcast had too many viewers. Moreover, the person behind the scenes had previously manipulated the situation to achieve their goal, making it impossible to cut off the broadcast.

"I've done wrong, I've gone too far, I'm not even human!" the businessman cried, finally confessing to driving a female star to her death, and even revealing that her suicide had taken place at this very venue.

Everyone was stunned, never imagining that such an event had occurred here. They then wondered if the return of the victim to this place had triggered a guilty conscience in the businessman, prompting him to confess.

Only those who had personally experienced the haunting felt a sudden chill throughout their bodies. Could it be that the wealthy businessman was now repentant because of the female ghost's involvement?

The host was so scared that they couldn't utter a single word.

As the female ghost listened, her originally ferocious face softened. Although she still harbored immense hatred towards the wealthy businessman, the malice in her expression had lessened compared to before.

After all, much of her resentment stemmed from her grudge against the wealthy businessman, as well as the fact that after her death, the businessman's business continued to thrive. He even had the audacity to come to this place to receive an award, showing no regard for her death.

Although the businessman's verbal repentance was ineffective, at least he had shown that attitude. Most importantly, after today's incident, the businessman's reputation was utterly destroyed. Coupled with his confession of illegal activities, imprisonment was inevitable.

The prospect of revenge on her enemy brought the female ghost considerable satisfaction.

This made the entire space, which had previously been filled with a sinister atmosphere, largely dissipate. The power of other ghosts attracted to the scene was also rapidly declining, and it seemed they would soon revert to being mere frightening lone spirits.