Chapter 7

Although Gu Wuji hadn't been directly kicked off the set, his parts had already been almost entirely cut. Today marked the wrapping up of his scenes, and it ended swiftly.

The crew actually wanted to comfort him, but since Cheng Jia was present, they didn't dare approach, fearing they might lose their jobs if they caused any trouble.

Xu Mingjun watched Gu Wuji, whom even the staff were afraid to get close to, and sneered internally. It served him right for snatching the role Xu Mingjun had wanted. Now, seeing him in this predicament was just desserts.

However, Xu Mingjun feigned a scared expression and said with some difficulty, "Is this really okay to do to Brother Gu? He hasn't really done anything..."

Upon hearing this, Cheng Jia's face darkened, and he sneered, "You're just too naive, being fooled by his appearance. His current situation is entirely his own doing."

Xu Mingjun nodded timidly, appearing even more like a victim.

Those around who knew the truth felt disgusted but didn't dare offend Cheng Jia. They all kept quiet, thinking his tastes were seriously questionable, no wonder he couldn't compare to his brother.

Suddenly, everyone noticed Gu Wuji approaching. They tensed, wondering if Gu Wuji was about to confront Xu Mingjun or if he was coming to apologize, unable to withstand the pressure any longer.

Gu Wuji slowly made his way over, facing the complex looks directed at him, then locked eyes with Cheng Jia in the middle, seemingly remembering his name was Cheng Jia. He hesitated before saying, "I have something I want to talk to you about."

Cheng Jia wore a mocking smile, "What can't be said in front of everyone? My time is precious, and I won't waste it on someone worthless."

"Well, if you insist," Gu Wuji looked somewhat troubled, as if what he was about to say was difficult to express.

Originally, he had just wanted to give these two a casual warning, but Cheng Jia insisted on making it public. He had no choice.

This look made others feel even more that Gu Wuji was someone who cared about his dignity, not wanting to be humiliated in front of everyone, yet was still forced into this position. It was truly pitiable.

Xu Mingjun felt extremely delighted internally. Gu Wuji was only slightly more popular than him, and despite having some fame and looks, now he could only come to him to apologize.

Cheng Jia looked at Gu Wuji with an even more condescending sneer, as if listening to him was a form of charity.

Then they heard Gu Wuji hesitantly say, "Have you recently done something morally wrong?"

Cheng Jia: "??"

Others: "??"

"What did you say—" Cheng Jia became furious.

"Ah, my mistake," Gu Wuji quickly corrected himself, and Cheng Jia, persuaded by those around him, didn't stand up in anger but looked at Gu Wuji with an even more hostile gaze.

After thinking for a moment, Gu Wuji corrected himself, "Actually, I meant to ask if you've done something underhanded... something that might cause you to encounter ghosts when you step outside."

Everyone was stunned. They had initially thought Gu Wuji had acted impulsively, but what was going on now? Was he really such a spirited man, daring to mock Cheng Jia even at the risk of offending him? It's a pity he was too impulsive... With today's incident, it seemed Gu Wuji really might no longer have a chance to continue in the entertainment industry.