3

Jisoo was petrified, why does this jerk wants to me? She thinks to herself. Shrugging off, she fixed herself and went to his place to meet. "Empress has arrived, Your majesty" the guard declared from outside of his place and left me alone. Why! Why should I be alone here!

Jisoo clears her voice and says "my lord, you called for me?" She looks around the room. She almost yelled "ahhh!" Taehyung taken back looks at her being confused. "What?" He asks. Jisoo covered her face with her tiny hands, he was in a robe type cloth which didn't even covered his chest. The heck! Jisoo murmurs.

"M-my lord, w-why are you-" she sutters. Taehyung was confused what did she mean? He looks down at his body, is she uncomfortable to see me with this? Isn't it normal? Or she's uncomfortable because she hasn't seen me like this in a while? He thoughts staring at the lady who had covered her face with hands. He went inside and wore something to cover his body. "it's okay now" he says slowly.

She removed her hands and found him all covered. She smiles in relief. Taehyung sat and points her to sit infront. She sat down and waits for him to say something. As she's a lady she had to look down of course, that's what the maids taught her. "Are you upset because I didn't came to reunion night?" She starts coughing. Why did he had to mention this? Is he planning for tonight? She gulps thinking. 

Taehyung was sure she would be quite without any answer which means yes. As she always used to do. "no, my lord. As your wife and empress of the kingdom I have to understand this. The first and foremost duty is the country I know." She says looking down heads down. Taehyung was taken back. When did she got so mature? She speaks like a responsible empress, he was little impressed.

He hummed and there was silence again. Jisoo was scared what if he starts touching her? After all, he is a villain!

Taehyung starts by "Prince Minkyu will be arriving for vacation tomorrow" Minkyu was his brother's kid and his adopted child. "I'll start the preparations right now" she stood up to leave. "Wait!" She haults and again look down. He walks to her "did I gave you permission to leave?" His voice hoarsed. Oh god! Now what?

"I apologise, my lord" Jisoo quickly apologised so she could escape from him. He took a heavy breath and says "sit down" he went back to place and waits for Jisoo to settle down. She had to agree of course. She sat and again there's only silence between them. Jisoo didn't understand why isn't he doing something? A villain is supposed to be ruthless, no matter who it is. Also he never liked his wife anyways.

Jisoo was bored of this silence, she needs to yawn so bad. She sneakily takes a good look at the King, he looks weak and slimmer than usual. "My lord, have you ate? Shall I call someone to get food?" She asks softly. Taehyung was getting surprised every time. Before she used to stay silent only, she never had the audacity to ask anything. What happened to her?

He calls his guard and commands to bring food for King and Queen. Guards were astonished, King will eat with Queen, alone in his place? When was the last time they ate together?

They brought food for them and left giving a bow of respect. Jisoo was famished so she didn't wait for his order, she starts eating. "You may eat-"  Taehyung looks at her to command but she was already eating. He blinked, he stares for a few good minutes but later shrugged off. They ate together and Jisoo was trying hard not to yawn. Suddenly a yawn escape from her mouth, she quickly covered her mouth looking at the King. He looks back at her embarrassed. "You may leave" he told her, she quickly stood up and gave a bow. After she left he stared at wherr she sat, "she was so ladylike, what's wrong?" His hands under his chin thinking about his wife. After a long time, King had time to think about his wife. As if she snatched his attention!

Next morning, Jisoo was too busy for the preparations for arrival of king's adopted child. Taehyung was talking to his commander about the security when prince arrives, his eyes unknowingly looked for his wife. He hasn't seen her since last night. Even at the breakfast he sat in the dining place, she wasn't there either. Maids said she haven't ate breakfast. Jisoo was working since the very morning. He finally saw her talking to her maids who had flowers platter in their hands.

He moved his eyes hearing that his ride was ready. He himself goes to pick prince which was really suspicious. Why would king go that too alone?

Time skips to the prince arrival. Jisoo stood there with her maids, they all thrown flowers slowly on the prince and king. Prince seems annoyed so Jisoo indicated not to do anymore. "Welcome Prince" Jisoo says with a warm smile. Prince didn't returned the smile, looks like he went after his adopted father.

They all went inside and mother Queen finally came down to see her grandchild. Prince went to her and hugged her. There was no conversation between mother Queen and King. Mother Queen happily talks to Jisoo and prince both. They all settled down for lunch. Only Ruby Jane was missing, "Mother, shall I bring ruby here?" Taehyung looks at Jisoo almost like glaring. "You won't able to handle her, let's eat" mother Queen politely told. But Jisoo thought why doesn't Ruby doesn't wants to meet her own nephew?

All the while, they all ate as if they don't each other. Are Royal people like this? So distant from eachother or is just this villain's family?

Jisoo was in her room asking maids where is Ruby's room? They showed Jisoo the room and warned not to go inside because no one goes near Ruby. Jisoo wonders why.

As a sister-in-law and a human being, she thinks maybe ruby needs a friend.

_____________________