23

Jisoo quickly ran to find Taehyung. The maids were confused and worried to see Jisoo running. "Where's Your majesty?"she asks from Taehyung's personal soldiers. "He is taking a walk around the garden, my lady" the moment he informs Jisoo ran .

The maid was carrying the tea cup to Taehyung, on the other hand Jisoo ran as fast as she could. The words of that man still ringing in her head. Even though he is a villain in the story he doesn't deserve to die like this. She can't forgive herself if she couldn't save him today .

Reaching the garden she found the tea cup in Taehyung's hand. As he was about to take sip Jisoo pushes him and they fell on the ground, she was on top of him. His hands held her waist naturally.

Jisoo takes a heavy breath on top of him, Taehyung understood she ran to reach for him. Slowly she gets up from him realising the position and surrounding. Taehyung gets up later and looks at her coldly, "what were you doing? you misbehaved with the king" Taehyung growls.

"Your majesty, I wanted to save your majesty" she informs breathing heavily. "What do you mean?" He asks titling his head. "I mean, the tea you were about to drink, it was poisoned " hearing this Taehyung couldn't believe for a second that any of his servant would try to kill him. They have been working since forever, and he could never doubt their loyalty even for Jisoo.

"I trust my workers, my lady" he says loud enough to assure his servants that he is with them.

Jisoo shakes her head as no quickly, "it's not one of our maids, it's someone else " her voice quavers. She couldn't muster to say the name. "Who are you indicating to?" Taehyung was curious. "I know I'm not someone important or very trustworthy more than him but if I didn't saw it by my own eyes, I would never dare to accuse him" Jisoo clears it out.

"It's Min Yoongi" Taehyung felt like he heard wrong. Min Yoongi? The one that could give up his life if he asks once, would try to kill him? Will he? NO. He could trust him over anyone, anyone means anyone
Even up Jisoo is Yoongi.

"And what proof do you have to accuse him? Do you realise who you are pointing at?" He darkly eyes her. "I know my lord, I wouldn't dare to accuse him if I didn't saw it by my own eyes " she again clears. She felt scared of the dark dangerous glare he was giving. "Prove it" he told.

"How?" She whispers. She knows he won't believe her but even after she clearly said she saw it by her own eyes!?

She felt like her head will be cut in half if she doesn't prove. She looks here and there to get help but every servant was looking down, Jisoo's eyes fell on the tray of tea. She saw some leftover tea in another cup. Taehyung always drinks two cup of that special tea which Yoongi has gifted him from his village.

She walks to the maid who was holding the tray, then she looks at Taehyung while picking up the tea cup, "your majesty, please remember me" says she gulps down all the tea at one go. Taehyung remains blankly looking at her. Soon Jisoo felt her eyes getting blurry, slowly it was getting darker, "my lord...I cannot see anything, it's all getting dark" it came out like a whisper before she falls down on the ground.

Taehyung was shaken, shocked. His eyes widened watching the blood oozing out from Jisoo's mouth's side. Without caring more, he ran to her and picked her in his arms.

He almost ran into the medicine chamber. He yelled at each and every person in the chamber, the mediator was threatened if anything happens to Jisoo he would beheaded in the streat infront of his own family!

The mediator was scared but remains calm as he could see the tension in Taehyung's eyes.

Taehyung groans, he keeps saying why didn't he believed her at once? Why? Why? Why? He grunts sitting down screaming, soon he felt a soft hand on his shoulder. He takes a look at the person and saw Jisoo, "you?" He calls out, his eyes beams seeing her fine. He holds her hand, "i- I should have b-beleived You!" Jisoo only smiles. "Don't blame yourself always, i don't like it" hearing her Taehyung quickly try to pull her in a hug saying, "i won't if you don't want-" his words kept incompleted when he saw Jisoo was nowhere.

He was just imagining.

He felt really guilty, his ears keep ringing the word she said, "your majesty, please remember me" NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO HER! He growls standing up.

He walks out of the chamber and look for YOONGI. His anger had no limits right now. Firstly, Yoongi's betrayal. Secondly, Jisoo's condition. All of this keeps inflating his anger more. He was looking like a volcano that was about to blast. He sat on his throne and summons Yoongi immediately.

The gathering waits for Yoongi to arrive. And he arrives, he could sense the rage. He knows it's his last day on earth. He kept looking down and waited for his head to be cut. Taehyung's eyes could still see the images of Jisoo trying to prove herself. He believed this man over Jisoo and now she's on deathbed.

"Why?" This word slip out of Taehyung's mouth in the most quite dark voice. It laced danger. Yoongi knew there's no point of talking he would kill him anyways. "I asked a question!" He says standing up and walks to Yoongi who was standing looking down. His sword went under Yoongi's chin and dangerously poked. "Speak Up!" He growls.

"Whatever I did was the worst thing I ever did, and I deserve to die your majesty. Please kill me" his voice lacked any emotion. Taehyung was astonished, he wants to know why a loyal dog like Min Yoongi would ever think of going against him?

"Announcing your death is on me, you don't get to speak on it, speak up the reason I might kill you in a less brutal way" he sounds cruel and cold. Everyone in the gathering were shocked to see Taehyung talking to Yoongi like this. But what do they expect when he just betrayed the KING?

"Whatever the reason is your majesty, my doing can't be justify " he spoke again. Denying to say the reason. "MIN YOONGI, tell the reason for the sake of your "LOYALTY" for all these years, or was that loyalty was also part of planning?" He grunts in anger.

"Never. I was always loyal to your majesty " Yoongi almost screamed this.

Before Taehyung could ask anything more one of the maid of Jisoo came running with a smile on face with some teat strains, "Your majesty, my lady has woken up" that only means Jisoo survived. Taehyung felt like tons of loads were taken from his shoulders and heart. He left the judgement on the way and walks out from there but he saw Yoongi was relieved and smiling. He was happy for Jisoo?

Jisoo was already shifted to her chamber from the medicine chamber. When he enters Jisoo's chamber, he saw her aeak pale body on the futon.

He slowly walks in with that maids quickly bows and left to give them privacy. Taehyung stood beside Jisoo's side. "Why did you do that?" That one question was killing him inside, so he just asked. Jisoo slowly opens her eyes hearing him, "my lord..." She calls him out. Taehyung's ear were blessed, it was like a musical tune for him.

"You shouldn't have been this irresponsible Queen" he says softly angry that she did this stunt just to save him. Was out of gratefulness? He thought.

She slowly smiles just like he imagined her hours ago, "all I did was my duty as your wife and the queen of the country" her answer unknowingly made him smile.she took the role of Queen too seriously? She actually doesn't remember a single thing, he says in his mind.

He was greedy, he wants to take advantage of her lost memories so he decided that Jisoo will be treated differently now. He doesn't care about the enemies now! Because as long as she's with him, there's nothing that could hurt anyone from this family.

He sat beside her and took her hand closer to his mouth and placed his cold lips on her knuckles, she was taken back by the touch. "Don't regret this, my lady" he warns but Jisoo was confused. What does he mean?

_______________________

Haven't slept for one second since last night but at least I saw sunrise for the first time <33