10

Jisoo loitering around the palace, watering the plants. She have grew fond over this place as it was Jun's favourite too. And she loves flowers. She hears some footsteps making her turn to face, It was Mother Queen. She quickly smiles and bows greeting her mother-in-law. "How have you been Dear?" She lovingly asks. "I'm doing good, Mother Queen, how's your health?" She stops watering and sat beside Queen mother.

"Fine" she shortly answers and everything fall back quite. Suddenly she says "Taehyung is being too stern on you, don't worry I would talk to him if you want" Jisoo quickly shakes her head saying no. "I did a mistake and I'm getting punished for it, it's justice mother" Her words surprised Queen Mother. Because before whenever she used to receive any punishment or scolding she would cry to Queen Mother and request to tell Taehyung to forgive her. This new attitude made Queen mother surprised but impressed. She always wanted Jisoo to be strong and vocal about herself.

Same day Taehyung left for a war, conquering a new country. When Jisoo heard this, she was shocked. She thought she would go apologize for last night but he already left, what made her shock is the war goes on for several months to extent.

Almost 4 weeks passed, there was no sign of Taehyung. Was she worried? She was definitely. "It's only because I am kind" she sternly told herself. She was passing by Ruby's chamber when she heard her calling. She looks around but remembered she was forbidden to go inside. "Princess Ruby, I'm not allowed there" she says from outside. The guards were right on the door too. She looks at the guards smiling "can I go for 1 second please?" She cutely spoke making the guards gulp. "Queen, King will behead us if he finds out" they were scared of Taehyung, everyone was.

"Just for few minutes, I just wanna see if Princess needs anything, ir could be any girl issues too" the guards glance at each other and allowed her go inside. She quickly gave a warm big smile, making the guards less guilty. After she went inside, "how can anyone resist queen's smile?" One of the guard told another one while smiling. "only King can" the other one scoofs. They all never understood how did King ignored Queen for years. She was too beautiful to be ignored.

"You called for me princess?" She asks stepping inside the chamber. Ruby was sat near the window, she didn't turned around. "Can you sit here?" She pointed at the chair infront of her. Jisoo nods and sat. She wasn't saying anything. Jisoo noticed that this whole family keeps silence when they want to tell something important.

"I heard, how you took Jun out and he even took your side" Jisoo was confused how did she knew? She is always in here, stuck in a room. "How did you know, princess?" She asks directly. "Maids were gossiping" she answered. Jisoo nods. Jisoo had a habit of talking and continuing conversation untill the other person gets bored so she starts talking nonstop. "How do you spend time here? All day?" She badly wants to know how do these royal people manage to stay stuck at one place. "I write" Ruby shortly answers.

Ruby shown her a book. Jisoo took it slowly and opens it to read. It was some poems she guess, "wow these are amazing" Ruby's eyes light up hearing Jisoo. She search for Jisoo's eyes to see her expression. She saw Jisoo's eyes admiring her lyrics. "Do you want me to sing? These are songs" Ruby told. "Sure why not?" She nods eagerly.

Ruby starts singing in her melodic voice, Jisoo felt herself swinging with her tone. Ruby had a fascinating voice which intrigued Jisoo really bad. "You sing really good!" Jisoo praises Ruby. She bites her nail in nervousness. Jisoo giggles little, "is that a habit?". Ruby nods looking down. "You are really good in singing and you look so pretty too! Such a gem!" Jisoo kept appreciating her which made Ruby smile for the first time. Ruby's maids enters the chamber and were shocked to see the crazy girl smiling. Ruby was known as the crazy princess.

Almost 2 months passed Taehyung didn't csme yet. But no one in the country seems worried at all, not even his own family. Jisoo was anxious about him. Why isn't he returning? She keeps asking herself. She even asked the soldiers many times  nobody knew anything.

Jisoo sighs trying to sleep but it's been days she has slept peacefully. She keeps thinking about him, is he safe or not. She thoughts to loiter around the palace sneakily. She was taking walk in the living room when she saw a black shadow, she was terrified. Who could sneak into this high security palace?

She can't yell, if she screams he would ran away. Gathering bravery she took a sword from the wall and walks to the person. Pointing the sword on his chest she said breathing heavily "Who are you? How dare you invade into the palace?" The man was so calm that made Jisoo shiver. He doesn't fear me? "Why don't you speak?" She again asks with a stern voice.

In a sudden rush, the sword was pulled out from her grip. The sword in the man's hand, Jisoo's eyes widened. He points the sword, under her chin raising her head to see her face after a long time.

"W-who are y-you? King will k-kill you i-f anything happen to us" she threatened even in this situation when her chin was held by his sword. He chuckled darkly and soon revealed his face. "You?" Jisoo's mouth left the word when she saw her husband's face. Taehyung has returned?

"You finally came?" She slowly whispers, her eyes examining his face and body. His face seems fine but the clothes were wet. Is it blood? She thoughts. "Are you okay?" She asks immediately. He was taken back by her sudden worry. Removing the sword, he eyes her complete figure. "You're injured!" She screams making him jump. "Why would you scream like that? Don't wake others" he warns.

Don't know how but Taehyung was in Jisoo's servant quarter being treated by her. "Can I.." she paused feeling embarrassed. "Can I strip it? I mean if I don't remove it, I can't apply medicine" he could sense her hesitation and shyness. Which he thought it's adora-

Shrugging off, he nods agreeing with her. She slowly uncover his chest which was bleeding. The moment her fingers touched his skin, he was burning in fire. He balled his fist trying to control his inner urges. She looks at him with those eyes which shows worry, affection. He is not used to it. "Is it painful? I mean of course it is, I'm so dumb" she felt like she was having the pain.

After treating his wounds, she brought him food and served. He ate quite and laid down feeling rough and tired. Suddenly he asks "you thought I was intruder?" His eyes were closed, she looks at him hearing sudden question. She was sitting infront of him in a chair "yeah..I mean I'm dumb" she scartch her back feeling embarrassed. "And you were going to fight with the intruder alone?" He meant how she took the sword to attack. She hums. "Wasn't it a idiotic move? You could have died if he attacked" he actually wants to hear her what she meant by attacking.

"I didn't thought much about it, all I thought was as you were not here. It was my duty to protect the family" he opens his eyes hearing her answer and found her massaging his hands.

_________________