Chapter 4

"I'm scared." Jamie whispered as she held Sena's hand tightly. I was a few feet in front of them, I scoped out all the alleyways and the cars. We were on the very edge where all the sky scrapers began. I then saw a military tank.

"Hey, let's go on top of that to look over the area." I whispered to them. They were preoccupied looking at something important. I then saw a man on a horse running from hundreds of the infected. Jamie screamed, Sean and I grabbed her and booked it the other way.

I reached the tank first. I pulled Jamie and Sena up. I then saw the man on the horse get pulled down by them. I paused, watching if the man got out of the hoard. I then was pulled down inside the tank by Sena. She started to close the hatch but I had to check in on the man.

"Max!" She exclaimed.

"There's someone out there!" I got up and saw one of them on the tank, inches away from my face. It's scary face and animation put me aback. It growled and got closer. Suddenly the same man from the horse came up from behind and kicked it off. I got inside and the man followed, closing the hatch. We all were panting, he sat on the other side of us. I looked at him, he had dark curly hair and when he looked up he had the bluest eyes. He was in his late thirties, early forties. He was wearing a police uniform. I couldn't stop staring at him, he looked at us.

"How... How'd you guys make it here?" He panted, clenching his side, out of breath.

"Same way you did." I say. He looked up at me, probably surprised at my smart ass tone. But I kept staring at him.

"You're bleeding." He says to me, looking at my wound that was now leaking through its bandages. I looked at Sena for help. She came over to me and tried her best to keep the bleeding down.

"You three look way too young, especially her," the man pointed at Jamie, "to be exploring around out here."

"We heard about a refugee camp." Sena says

"I know," he looks up at us, "I did too. But it doesn't look like there's much of a camp left."

I looked at the man, he had a gun in his hand, he was looking down at it, his sweat dropped down from his neck and head. I realized he was a police officer but his badge wasn't indicating an Atlanta officer.

"I'm max." I say

He looked up,

"Rick, Rick Grimes." He said into my eyes. He was lingering until he looked away when we all heard a voice on a radio.
..

I grabbed Jamie's hand again, prepared to run for it. Rick looked back at all of us, he looked at me lastly. I nodded, signaling that we were ready.

The guy on the radio told us we had a chance to escape this shit. We were now armed and as ready as we could ever be. I looked at Sena, Sena gulped and nodded.

"Go." Rick said

We all hopped out and ran down the street. Rick was last out of the tank but caught up to us to cover. He started shooting rounds, protecting us. Sena was in front, she froze when there was an Asian guy standing in an alley. He yelled for us to hurry. He led us into the alley. He started going up a fire escape.

"Come on!" I yelled at Rick who was still in the alley. Glenn was still leading on the ladder followed by Sena, then Jamie and me. Rick finally started climbing.

"Well, at least it's the fall that kills us." The guy said reaching another ladder. He let Sena and I go first

"I'm a glass half full kinda guy..." He said to Rick. That's all I heard as we climbed up to the roof.