Chapter 40

I watched Rick from afar as he went around the yard, it didn't look like he was patrolling the perimeter because of how his eyes fixated on one thing, he then walked up to it and reached his hand out, almost as if he was seeing things. I jumped when Sena came up from behind me,

"He's been like this since Lori died." She says, watching him with me. I force myself to look away, "I wish I never had feelings for him sometimes."

"If anyone could make him normal again... It'd be you."

"He doesn't even want to talk to me about it."

"Just keep pressuring him." She says, she then walks away a few moments later. I started to muster enough courage up to go talk to him.

"Rick." I call softly once I was in a distance around 10 feet from him, he turned around. He had longer hair now, so his wet curls were hanging in his face, he had a confused expression drawn upon him, his eyes flickered when he saw me. He almost seemed possessed- maybe even like he was sleep walking.

"Hey... Are you alright?" I asked, I drew closer to him, his eyes shifted down, in a random place as I approached him slowly.

"Don't... Don't." He whispers, I paused, I felt frustration build inside me but I had to force it down when thinking about what he was going through. He just lost his wife and his mistress- or whatever the hell I was or am to him is back and ruining his life even more. I took a breath and spoke,

"I want to help you-"

"Then. leave. me. alone." He states slowly and choppily,

"I'm not going to leave you alone, you're going insane and you're never going to get better unless you talk it out-"

"I'm just fine!" He yells

"No, you aren't, Rick! You're going fucking crazy!"

He doesn't say anything, he looks away for a moment, too stubborn to look me in the eye. He then snaps his head back at me, giving me a glare. He shakes his head and starts to walk away. I let him walk outside the fences, I was about to run after him when I heard gunfire. I saw a large truck and then a small semi burst through the fences. The gunfire stopped once the semi stopped, it seemed as if no one was driving it because of how fast it was going. I was trying to find out who and what did this- and why they launched a semi into our fences. I then look back at Rick who was hiding in the overgrown grass outside the fences. I started to army crawl my way back there, wanting to make sure he was safe. I then heard a loud noise, I look back and see that the back of the semi was opened, walkers spilled out into the field. I started to feel some panic settle inside, I then get a glimpse of the truck, the governor was in the bed with a machine gun in his hand. He started to randomly shoot off bullets in the air, and with a wave of his hand, he directed his goons into driving back to Woodbury, leaving us with a mess. I got up fully, sprinting to Rick who was now fighting off walkers.