Chapter 97

In the morning, everyone was rushing to get ready for the funeral. Now that we had showers, Cologne, tooth brushes, and heels we all wanted to dress up for the occasion. The sad thing was, was that we didn't really get dressed up for the occasion, it was just an excuse for us ladies to wear eyeliner and the guys to wear obnoxious cologne.

"One thing that I like about being in a world full of flesh eating monsters are the calves it gives you... Damn." Sena says to herself as she admires her figure in the mirror. She had a black dress on, her hair was braided fashionably messy to the side. She had heels on as well.

"Yeah, my arms aren't bad either." I say as I fixed my curled hair. I had a dress on too with nude heels. Derek then walked into the room and walked over to Sena, wrapping his arm around her waist and kissing her lips quickly as he went to reach for some cologne. Once they separated, he sprayed some on under his neck.

"Ugh, that stuff smells like middle school boys." Sena complained, he laughs a little. She then sprayed some perfume on herself. I got my jewelry in place, I left the room to see how everyone else was doing.

Jamie was on the couch, already ready. She wanted me to curl her hair when she saw mine so I had to rush to get hers done. She looked adorable. Carl was sitting next to her with Judith on his lap. They were both dressed up as well. I sat down next to Carl, slipping my heels on.

"I don't know why we have to go to the funeral... One of them shot us up a day ago." Carl complained quietly to me. I looked at him, I understood what he was saying.

"I know he did that... But we can't just leave Luke alone with this burden... I mean especially when Rick killed his brother..." I muttered at the end,

"He did that to protect us, he wasn't just doing it to be an ass." Carl defended his father.

"I know that, Carl. And I agree with the brother part but Luke's apart of the group now and we need to be there for him. Their group already dislikes us, we don't need to be disliked even more." I say

Carl stays silent. I then noticed that Rick wasn't here.

"Where is your dad?" I asked

"He's at the new place, our new place. It's down the street."

"You got a house already?" I asked Carl, surprised. He looked at me and nodded,

"Yeah, my dad got up early to talk with Deanna about something and she assigned us one. Everyone else will get theirs this afternoon."

I nodded, I then got up once I had my heels on. I extended my hand out for Jamie to take,

"Come on, we're gonna go see Rick." I say. I wanted to make sure he was getting ready, he had to be there or else everyone would lose their shit. Jamie took my hand and we walked down the porch steps and walked down the street. On the way there, Jamie swung with my arm, up in the air then down. She skipped and frolicked.

"Why are you and Rick fighting?" She asked. I looked down at her, she was looking up at me.

"Well... Rick and I felt that it was better to be apart than together."

She didn't say anything for a minute, then she says, "well, I think you guys made a good mom and dad. I liked you guys together." She says. I smile a little. I then see a gray house, it looked the way Carl had described it to be. I walked over with Jamie to go knock on the door.

Once I climbed up the steps, I saw the front door open, only with the screen shut. I then saw Rick sitting in a chair in the middle of the living room with a blonde woman cutting his hair. I watched for a moment, not knowing if I should open the door or leave. But then I saw Rick look over at me, standing in the doorway. I smiled, I then saw the woman turn her head. She looked at me and smiled, I waved.

"Hi, sorry to interrupt, I was just making sure Rick was getting ready... He just seemed a little tired last night." I say. Rick smiles,

"Come in."

I opened the door, Jamie walked inside before I did.

"Hi, I'm max." I introduce myself to the blonde. She smiles and takes her scissors out of her hand,

"I'm Jessie. If you ever need a haircut, give me a call." She says. I laughed lightly. I then looked at Rick,

"I'm so glad you're doing this, he looked like Michael Jackson last night after he shaved his beard." I laughed, Jessie joined in. I couldn't see Rick's face but I saw the sides of his cheeks rise, as if he was smiling.

"Well, I will be done here in about a few minutes." Jessie says after a few moments of quiet.

"Oh okay, I'll be going then," I then called Jamie from the kitchen where she was at. She came over to me, "Rick, be sure to wear the blue tie I picked out for you, all the guys are supposed to wear it."

"I know." He says in an amused tone. I then waved goodbye to Jessie one last time and left with Jamie.

Rick's POV

I watched her leave with the mirror in my hand, I needed to somehow get back with her.

"So, is that the Mrs.?" Jessie asks with a little tease in her voice. My eyes looked up, I didn't lift my head so she wouldn't mess up. I chuckle a little,

"No, no... She isn't with me anymore." I didn't even mean to say the word anymore so she caught on it.

"You guys used to be a thing?" She asks, interested.

"You know, you're a good hairdresser... Keeping a conversation like this is something only the good ones do." I joke, she laughs at my comment. I then tell her more about max and I.

"Well, she always did have a crush on me but I had a wife-"

"Ohhhh..." She said in a way that sounded like that isn't right.

"But I stayed faithful in my wife but I did have a few slip ups with her... I found out she cheated on me with my best friend."

"Oh, wow." She commented

"Then... She died a year ago and max was there for me every day. And then I finally made a move and we were together for a few months."

"How old is she? She looks young."

"She's 28."

Jessie nodded, "how old are you?"

"41."

Jessie whistled, the kind of whistle where you teased someone. I laughed,

"So that's my story."

She didn't say anything for a moment, then I felt her hands being removed from my hair.

"There." She says, signaling that she was done. I took the mirror and examined the back of my head to see how she did. It looked good.

"Wow... You'll really become handy now." I say jokingly. I then stood up and went to thank her but her look at me caught me off guard. Her eyes danced with flirtation, her lips drew a smirk. I stood there for a moment, I huffed,

"Well, I'll see you later. I have to get to the service." I dismiss myself. I was getting nervous as to why she looked at me like that. I then walked to my room, thinking she'd let herself out. Once I sat on my bed for a moment or two, I checked to see if she was gone, she was.