Chapter 87

Max's POV

Jamie was holding my gun in her hands, there weren't any bullets inside, but I wanted her to get a handle on what a gun felt like in her hands.

"It's kinda heavy..." She says. She looks up at me with big eyes.

"It is, but you'll get used to it. You need to learn how to shoot." I told her, I took the gun back and showed her the different parts to it but I was interrupted when I started to feel the RV come to a stop. I looked up and expected there to be a tow but it was just all woods. I was worried we were breaking down, but before I could do anything, Rick stands up and faces all of us.

"We're gonna take a group of people to scope out this community that Noah's been talking about. Most everyone will stay here, to be safe." He says.

"I'm coming." Glenn says. He stands up and goes over to Rick. Rick nodded and scanned over the rest of us, he reached my eyes and then quickly glanced down.

"Anyone else?"

I didn't know if I wanted to go, I hadn't been spending that much time with Jamie lately and I wanted to make up for lost time. But, me going would probably piss Rick off.

"You going?" Sena asks from behind, I turn and see her sitting with Derek.

"I don't know, are you?"

She shakes her head,

"Okay." I say, I turn to Jamie and said,

"I'm going to help them. This may be our new home, so I want to make sure it's extra safe. Sena's here while I'm gone." I told her, I then kissed the top of her head and she hugged me. After our goodbyes, I took my gun and placed it in my holster, I got behind Glenn in the line to get out of the RV. Rick had been talking with Michonne and finally noticed that I had gotten into line. Once he saw me, he looked away with frustration. I wore it well, I had a smug expression on my face.

"What are you doing?" He asks me when I was passing by him

"I'm doing what I want to do, Rick. Why?" I challenged him. He couldn't tell me what to do, he never really could but he used to have an influence over my decisions. Now, he doesn't.

"Why?-"

"We aren't a thing anymore, so I suggest losing the whole saving the damsel in distress thing. I'm not in distress, and if I was, I sure as hell don't need you to help me."

His jaw was locked so hard I thought it might have snapped, but I walked away before anything else happened.

Noah, Tyreese, Michonne, Glenn, Rick, and I were going to clear the community. I looked over and saw Tyreese talking with Noah, Noah looked anxious to see his family. I was relieved we finally found somewhere to settle down.

"It's a mile walk down the road, we have an hour." Rick says to all of us, he locked eyes with me at the end but we managed to look away from one another. He started to lead us down the road.

We reached the community... But the large wooden doors were ajar, giving us all an off feeling. Noah walked by me, he passed by everyone as we kept walking forward. He then broke into a sprint, Rick tried to call him but he swore and we started to run after him to make sure he doesn't do anything bad. When we reached inside, we saw him in one of the streets, on his knees crying. The place looked abandoned, no one was here. Tyreese walked up to him and tried to comfort him.

"I was afraid this would happen..." Rick murmurs and turns to face Glenn to discuss what we'd do next. We were minding our own business, ready to leave when Noah started running down the street. Rick turned when he heard Tyreese yelling after him. Tyreese ran to get Noah, Michonne and I looked at one another and both started to chase after them.