Chapter 67

"Why did you pass out like that?" I asked while holding his face, I was overwhelmed with joy and relief, I was tearing up because of the loads of emotions he's dumped onto me for the last hour.

"I just overdid it..." He guesses, I kiss him when we kept looking into each other's eyes for a few moments. He kissed me back,

"Where's carl?" He asked. I then swore, he didn't know yet and I didn't even know where he was at. I couldn't tell Rick or he'd try to go out there and he wasn't strong enough yet. So I decided to just lay him on the couch again and I told him that Carl was asleep upstairs.

"He is?"

"Yeah... I wouldn't wake him up, he needs the sleep..." I lied, Rick held my hand awhile longer before I left to go upstairs.

"I want you to sleep here with me." He says, I smiled at him in the dark,

"I'll be back, I've gotta go check up Carl." I lied again. He let me go, I ran upstairs to a little boy's room. I opened the window to climb out of so I wouldn't raise suspicion if I opened a door downstairs to go outside. I slipped out into the cool night, I kept the window opened, no walker could get up here anyways. I hopped down to the grass which was quite a drop I may add. I sat there, glad I didn't land the wrong way, then I started to run down the road to find Carl. I was running in complete darkness, I was scared out of my mind, I didn't want to run into a walker in the dark. I then heard some miscellaneous things shuffle from afar, like cans and bottles. I then looked over and saw someone hunched over and determined it was Carl because of his size.

"Carl?" I called out. He stood there for a moment and when he knew I wasn't just going to leave him there, he walked out so I could see his face in the pale moon light.

"Carl, your dad is okay, he just... He was in like a coma or something. But he's awake and he'll kill us both if he knows that we're both out here." I explained to him in a whisper. He looked sad, he was sitting on a porch alone,

"How long have you been here, carl? I couldn't leave the house because of Rick... I was about to until he woke up."

"I've been here, hanging out on the roof."

I nodded, I was confused as to why he was so sad, he heard good news about his dad. And I was also confused as to why he hasn't called me a slut yet,

"Are you okay?"

He nodded, "I'm sorry, max. I know you really care about my dad and he's totally in love with you..." He says. I smiled,

"Let's go back before he finds out we're out here."

We go back, we end up climbing the house to get to where I snuck out. He wanted to see Rick so we both went to go find him on the couch.

"Dad..." Carl says, Rick looks up and sees Carl standing at the bottom of the steps,

"I thought you were asleep."

"I thought you were dead." Carl jokes, Rick laughs and Carl hugs him tightly. Carl and Rick talk for a minute, Carl asked him why he did that and Rick explained he was in a coma, long story short they both hugged and Carl went back upstairs. I turned around to look at Rick, he was looking at me with an inviting look drawn upon his face. I smiled and walked up to him. Once I reached the couch he grabbed my face gently and caught me in a kiss, he laid me down and crawled on top of me, the kiss was passionate and sweet, as if it was our last kiss. I separated from him, unaware of why he was so lovey right now.

"I thought you were a walker just a few minutes ago, Rick." I point out, I wasn't in the mood to go further because one, he scared me to death, and two, I don't know if his heart could take it at the moment. But his lips wanting to kiss my skin again,

"I'm so sorry..." He says in a sincere way, he bows his head, I take him into my embrace, I hug him tightly.

"I couldn't bare thinking that you died, Rick." I whisper. He then lays us down, he spoons me and puts a blanket over us. I face him while laying down, we both look into each other's eyes, I couldn't help but start to cry, I grabbed a first full of his shirt and snuggled closer into him,

"Hey, hey, hey... I'm right here." He comforts me,

"But- but I thought you were dead... I didn't know what to do, Rick. I didn't want to keep living." I cried,

"Hey..." He says, "you can't just give up like that..." He says, guiding my chin so I would look into his eyes. "I can't be the only reason..." He says in some disbelief. I sniffle,

"Right now... I don't know where anyone is... I don't know if Sena and Jamie are alive, and we lost everyone else..." My voice cracked, "and I thought I lost you."

"Shhhh," he hugged me, I just wanted to stay in his arms for the rest of the night, I listened to his heart beat, the one I couldn't hear before. I looked into his eyes until I fell asleep. And before I completely fell asleep, I heard him whisper, "I love you," which made me hold onto his arm even tighter.