Chapter 49

I laid on his chest, listening to his heart beat in a normal pace unlike the way it was beating a few minutes ago. We had done it three times already, the bed and blankets were a little wet.

"You are so good." I say, I surprised with him, he was older, so I expected a little dimmed down performance but he left me satisfied every time. He laughed,

"You were amazing." He says, I laughed.

It was around 9pm now, everyone was in bed and probably asleep. Rick had his arm outstretched, my head laid below it, I traced my fingertips across his chest.

"I remember when you used to get so upset when I didn't let you go with me on runs."

I smiled, remembering the times I got angry and pissed at him, "remember at the CDC when you wanted me to go with you all?"

He played with my hair, he stared up at the ceiling,

"I told Sena that I cared about you... And that I would do anything to keep you safe- and that included picking her up against her will so you would leave with me."

I looked up at him, he smiled a little, I kissed his cheek.

"I've always wanted you." I say on a more serious and more sincere level. He then rolled onto his side and looked into my eyes,

"That's why I was always such an ass to you, max." He says, "I always wanted you, ever since I saw you... You intrigued me. You're so beautiful...and your attitude.." He laughed, I smiled, "you were- you are so feisty and I just... I fell in love with you."

I felt my heart ache, he then says, "I've loved you since that day at the CDC... I couldn't even think about losing you... And every time you wanted to go with me on a run, I always imagined you getting hurt or killed. So, I never let you go anywhere."

I moved closer into him, feeling his skin against mine. I saw his bandage from the knife wound, I then saw his shoulder which had another scar

"What is that?" I asked. He looked down and saw the scar I was talking about.

"I was shot during my job... Left me in a coma for months. I woke up in the new world. That's when I met Morgan."

I touched it softly with my fingertip. I was doing this for a couple of seconds, after about a minute, Rick leaned into kiss me. I kissed him back, he got on top of me, I held his face

"Are we going for another round, Mr. Grimes?" I teased. He smiled and kissed me again

"I just can't get enough of you." He groans

His lips touched my jawline, he was about to enter inside me when I saw the cell door open to reveal Sena with Judith in her arms.

"Um.. Here's Judith." I was ducking under Rick's body, he was looking back at her,

"Thank you." He said a little bit too breathy, there was a moment of silence, I thought we were in the clear, but Sena then says,

"We could hear you, so don't try to play it off as if you guys aren't a couple." Sena says with a blank expression. After another period of silence, Rick said it was okay if I poked up. He looked into my eyes, smiling

"That was...."

I smiled and took his jaw, guiding his lips to mine.

"We still have about an hour until my shift in the tower starts...." He hints as he buried his face into the crook of my neck, his curly, wet hair slowly trailed along my skin along with his lips.

....

Just before sunrise, I woke up to him gone, I was in bed alone. I sat up in the bed and looked around, trying to find my clothes, I then see a note on the nightstand.

We've got to talk, meet me in the watch tower before noon.

It was from Rick, obviously. I was feeling a little nervous about the note. It didn't have a happy tone to it, so I was imagining the worst case scenario like, we can't do this anymore, or, last night never happened.

I get dressed and go went outside to go to the tower, I was caught up in all of my thoughts as I went up the steps, and when I saw Rick standing there with his gun strapped across his body, I prayed to God it wasn't the things that I thought it was.

"Hey." His voice was hoarse, I smiled at him, I didn't move to greet him in case he was going to tell me bad news.

"Is something wrong?" I asked when he didn't say anything for a few moments. He was bowing his head as if he was going to give bad news. I assumed it was us, that he wanted to stop.

"Rick, no, we aren't going to pretend like last night didn't happen because it did," I go up to him, my voice was raised and he watched me as I kept going on, "I already said that I love you, there's no taking that back."

He shook his head, like that wasn't what he was thinking at all. He then took my jaw, guiding my lips to his. He kissed me for seconds, and when he separated, I looked into his eyes with hooded ones,

"Then... Then what is it?" I was out of breath from his kiss. It felt good to kiss him

"The governor... I'm worried he's going to attack and he... He'll take you." He was worried, he turned away from me and leaned against the railing, overlooking the prison yard. I stood next to him

"Do you have a plan?"

He looked at me, he then looked away

"All I know is that we have enough guns to fight him off. And if he does come, I won't let him take you."

I took his hand from the railing and untwined mine with his, I leaned against his side, my head resting on his shoulder as we viewed the yard. He kissed the top of my head.