Chapter 83

"Are we really doing this again?!" I yelled at Rick as he was assigning people to the search team. He made me stay back at the church, but I wasn't going to let him order me around when he couldn't even be man enough to deal with our issues in a mature way. He looked at me harshly and ushered me away from the others because most everyone looked at us when I yelled at him. Once he let go of my arm, I pushed him away, flustered.

"You cannot do that in front of everyone, especially the new group." He ordered, his eyes were hard. I stared back at him,

"What are we now? Are we done?" I asked, he scoffed and looked away, I knew he didn't want to talk about this but there's two people involved in a relationship, not just one. I needed answers,

"Rick... I thought you loved me." I say on a more serious note. My voice showed the sadness I had been keeping pent up inside, he looked over at me and looked like he felt bad.

"Max, what you said about me doing it on purpose-"

"I made a mistake, Rick! I love you and I miss you and that was so stupid of me to accuse you of something you would never do!" I told him, I was trying not to cry, but his eyes stayed on me as I tried to win him back.

"You're supposed to protect me and love me, that's what you've always done..." I say sadly, I didn't know that Rick's heart was breaking as I kept talking. He watched me as I tried my hardest to make him forgive me. I looked up at him,

"So what? We're just gonna break up?" I asked, I desperately wanted to answer to be no but his face was saying otherwise. He looked pained enough to not say it,

"Fuck you." I told him, I wanted to yell and cry and just have a total bitch fit but I wouldn't let him see me like that. I pushed past him and went over to Abraham and took a gun from him, he had been handing guns out to the group so we could look for Carol and Daryl more comfortably. I loaded it, Abraham watched me.

"You okay, lass?"

"No. But I will be when we find them." I told him. I had the gun strapped around my body. I looked over and saw Rick watching me from afar but he looked away and started leading the group into the woods. Sena walked up to me once we started to walk, she nudged me,

"What was that?" She asked about the breakdown with Rick, I sniffled,

"We broke up."

She didn't say anything for a moment, she then pulled me away from everyone and let them pass as I started to cry. She had her hand on my shoulder as I balled, making a complete fool of myself.

"Max, oh my god, he didn't." She couldn't believe what she had heard. I shook my head, I shrugged and kept crying.

"That bastard." I heard her growl, she was about to kill him when Derek caught her by the arm,

"What's going on? Max, what happened?" He asked, Sena retrieved her arm back from Derek once he knew she was settled down. She spoke for me,

"Rick broke up with her."

Derek looked over at the group, they kept walking. He looked surprised and a little ticked off,

"Why? You guys were..." He couldn't finish,

"He-he said I accused him- that's why. That's why he finished it." I cried, Sena was about to leave again to cut his head off or something rash but Derek held her again.

"Let me go! That asshole needs a lesson-"

"Max, what's wrong?" I heard a familiar voice behind me. Derek and Sena looked up and saw someone standing behind me. I turned around and saw Luke standing there. He saw me crying and his mouth fell open some, he looked concerned .

"What's wrong? Is she hurt?" He asked me then Sena and Derek behind me, I started to get angry. It could've been my hormones going crazy or just being angry at Rick, but I snapped at Luke,

"Why are you here? What do you want from me? I thought you hated me and I hated you. What's your deal?!" I yelled at him. He backed away, caught off guard by the way I reacted.

"Max-" I heard Sena try and calm me down but I wasn't having any of it.

"I thought we were friends-" Luke started to say but I started yelling loudly. The group was far away now, they could probably hear a little of what I was yelling but not much,

"I am not friends with you, Luke! I never was and I never will be. I don't need a man, I don't need a dick to get along in the end of the world! I don't need it..."

Sena's POV

I watched as max went off on Luke. She was now screaming about not needing a man and crying over Rick at the same time. She lost it, but I've seen it once before during the SAT in high school so I knew the drill. But I started to see walkers appear, they were attracted to Max's screaming. I tried to get her to shut up but one drew close enough, Derek killed it. Luke caught onto what was happening. He went over to max and tried to calm her down but she screeched and flailed in his arms, he had to hold her still. I killed the other few lurking around us. I finally had enough, I turned around to yell at max.

"Max, shut the hell up! You are about to kill all of us!"

She stopped yelling. She was still in Luke's power hold, his arms bear hugging her, preventing her from leaving and doing something stupid. She was calmer but her face red from yelling and crying. She realized she was in Luke's hold and pushed him away, he landed on the ground. He was surprised at how hulk she could turn into,

"You cannot go back to the group like that, you need to calm down." I told her. She was trying to catch her breath, she stood there collecting her thoughts or something.

"I'm going back to the group, right now-"

"Settle down-" I started to say to her but I saw a walker come up from behind her. She looked like she didn't know so I started to open my mouth to warn her but she swung around and plunged a knife in its skull. She took it out and walked over to me, retrieving her gun.

"I don't need a man. I'm getting Jamie now." And she started to walk in the direction of the group. The three of us were confused about what happened, but we eventually packed up and followed max to find the group again.

Rick's POV

"Abraham, you can lead." I told him once I realized some of the group was missing. Abraham nodded and walked to the front, I stopped him and asked if he knew where max was,

"No, last I saw her was back at the church, she was angry. Somethin' you did pissed her off." He told me, he looked a little skeptical of me, he pushed past me. I was beginning to worry, I didn't know where she was.

"Wait, everyone, has anyone seen max, Sena or Derek?" I called to everyone. They all looked around, nothing.

"Luke's gone too." Carlos says. I bowed my head, I sighed and began to worry.

"Where could they have gone?" Michonne asks,

"Max was mad about something, I don't know what. Maybe she got lost in her thoughts or something." Gabriel says.

"Rick... Where's max?" I heard a small voice ask, I turn to see Jamie walk towards me. She looked worried, I picked her up.

"I don't know yet."

"Rosita and I will lead half the group to find Daryl and Carol, you find max, Sena, and the two guys." Abraham says to me. I shook my head,

"No, we're separated. We can't split up anymore, not 'til we find them." I say. I started to walk back towards the church,

"Max! Sena!" I yelled. Panic was starting to settle inside, I felt my hands shake. I didn't know where she was and I didn't know why she left the group. I didn't know if it was because of me or something else, I needed to find her.