Chapter 70

We settled down on the road by a broken down blue truck. Rick set up another fire, we were less than a day away from Terminus. Our hopes were high and we had a positive outlook for the future.

"We need to get some food tomorrow, I'm sick of stale crackers." I say, Michonne nodded, agreeing with me.

"I'm sorry I couldn't get the cereal. I know that Captain Crunch was your favorite." Rick says to me, I smile. We were silent for a moment, Rick saw that Carl was asleep.

"I'll go put him inside." Michonne says, she woke him up, he got up. They both went into the truck, Rick and I decided to stay out to put the fire out.

"I'll do it-" I was going to put it out when I heard a gun cock right by my head, the person was behind me. I didn't move my head at all, and then I saw another person press one against Rick's head too.

"Well, well, well.." The man behind Rick ticked his tongue in a shameful way. He was older, bulky and had white hair.

"What do you want?" Rick asked,

"You don't get to talk, asshole." The same man says. I watched in fear, I felt my breath shake. And to top off my fear, some other guys shoved Michonne to the ground and held a gun to her head also. I couldn't see if Carl was still safe in the truck but I didn't want to draw their attention in anyway because if I did that, it could seem like someone was in there too. I was getting angrier by the second, seeing how these assholes were treating us.

"You killed our guy... Rick. That isn't cool, no one kills our guys." The man spoke. How did he know Rick's name? I felt my face go pale, I looked at Rick who was clenching his jaw. I sat there, completely helpless. I didn't even know what this dick was talking about. I was watching Rick, hoping that he didn't really kill anyone. I then heard Carl yelp, I looked over at saw a man stroke Carl with a knife, Carl cringed as he stood still. His eyes were closed shut, I was furious. I couldn't even imagine what Rick was going through right now.

"Don't touch him." Rick stated in a cold tone as he watched Carl being touched by the other guy, Carl was then shoved on the ground, I yelled, begging for them to let him go. I then felt someone's warm breath blow against my neck and face,

"Don't worry lass, you're next." He sneered.

"We didn't kill anyone." I say loud enough for their whole gang to hear. I guess that amused the man behind me, he laughed loudly,

"What? Rick didn't tell you that he killed our guy Lou in the bathroom?" He paused, I looked over at Rick. His eyes were ahead of him, his jaw was clenched. He looked like he was going to snap. "Tell 'em that he's the one you saw in the house, Tony." The main one says, the one who was with Rick.

"Yeah, that's the fucker, Joe."

I started to panic. Rick did kill someone and now he was going to have to pay. All of us were helpless, we couldn't get out of this. I was beginning to lose hope when I heard a familiar voice behind me,

"Rick?" I knew it was Daryl, I couldn't help but turn my head to see if it really was him but Joe kicked Rick to the ground. I started to cry,

"You know these guys?" Joe asked Daryl, completely unbothered by what he did.

"Yeah," Daryl paused, "I do man, whatever you think they've done, they didn't. These people, they're good." Daryl explained to Joe. Everyone was silent, the intensity of all of this was making me incredibly terrified. I kept looking over at Michonne who was watching Daryl behind Rick and I. I couldn't see anything behind me, I could only see Michonne and the pervert who was stroking Carl

"Why are you bein' a fucking liar?" Joe asked Daryl. I closed my eyes, knowing Daryl was in trouble now.

"No, man, I swear-"

"Guys, show him what liars get." Joe says to his gang, I then heard fighting in the background. I felt tears fill my eyes, I was terrified.

"Let him go." Rick repeated, Rick looked furious. I then felt a man start to stroke my neck and the side of my face,

"Now, you're a pretty one... I like redheads." He was whispering in my ear, I was cringing and begging for him to stop touching me. I was trying to think of something else, something pleasant in the moment to keep me from realizing what was really happening. But all of my thoughts came to a stop when there was a gunshot beside me where Rick was. I thought they had shot Rick so I lifted my head and saw Rick hunched over on the ground, he had his head to the side. He looked as if someone had just beat him up. My guy averted his attention to them too, but before we could all do anything, Rick got up

I then heard a gun fire, I kicked my guy in the groin as he was starting to climb on top of me. He fell to the side, I got up. Daryl and I locked eyes, we both knew that it was now or never if we could defeat these guys.

I was up and already kicking the guy in the face while he was down, one hard kick made him yell out in pain. I stepped on his hand and took his gun, I shot him once in the face. Michonne and Daryl were taking care of the rest by themselves, I saw Rick trying to get up, I didn't know what had happened to him. It was like he had a concussion and was still recovering. But joe who was standing up, watched Rick as Rick struggled to his feet. Joe laughed, satisfied with Rick's hardship. I was about to shoot joe when someone tackled me on the ground from the back, I landed on the concrete, I yelled in pain but quickly subsided when I felt the person's hands tug at my waistline of my jeans, signaling that he was trying to rape me. I yelled loudly, I tried to kick and flail, with all costs, trying to get this asshole off of me as he crawled up my body and snickered. I cried out and tried to reach the gun a few feet away when it flew out of my hands, but I stopped when I saw Rick in front of me. Joe had Rick's arms held down by his sides, like a bear hug so Rick couldn't do anything.

"What the hell are you gonna do now, sport?" Joe was amused, he chuckled at the sight of Rick being in his forceful embrace. I was still trying to reach the gun to shoot joe then to shoot the guy on me, but Rick made everyone's mouth drop when he dove into Joe's neck and ripped out Joe's throat with his teeth. Blood spurted and spewed in all directions, he had damaged a major artery. Joe was quickly dying because of it, so then he fell to his knees in front of Rick. Rick stood there, watching what he had done. Michonne had killed Carl's attacker, Daryl was in a circle of dead men that he had killed, leaving me with the one guy left. I was about to grab my gun to shoot him when he had tugged my hair back, lifting my neck to expose it to his knife. Rick was watching him as he did this to me.

"I'll- I'll fucking kill her-"

"Shut up." Rick interrupts in a harsh tone, he then comes up to us. As Rick drew closer, the man dropped his knife and ran away, I watched as he tried to make friends with Rick. Rick passed by me and went to the man, he grabbed the guy's shoulder and held him there in place so Rick could stab him in the stomach three times. The man fell to the ground. The four of us watched as Rick turned around and revealed his new self.