Chapter 23

Rick turned back at me, I barely made eye contact with him. He then looked at Lori and Shane. Hershel's daughter was sobbing over a walker who I guessed was her mother, the walker grabbed at Beth, Andrea killed it with a long gardening tool. Some of them walked towards the house, Shane went off about Sofia in the barn. I followed, Rick tried to calm the argument between Hershel and Shane. The dispute ended with Hershel saying he wanted us off the farm. Shane and Rick argued about Sofia once the Greenes when inside. I eavesdropped, I had my back to them.

"That's what you did-" Shane said to Rick then Shane walked away. Rick looked at me, I walked away from him too.

"Why are you mad at me?" He asked now following me

"She had sex with your best friend and you don't even care-"

"You think I don't care?" He paused, he sniffled and looked away, "I can't even look at her, max. It's my child though-" he said as if he was sorting it out in his head. He looked up at me

"What if it isn't? What if it's Shane's?-"

"It's mine."

I didn't have anything else to say, so I walked away but he didn't let me. He grabbed my shoulder gently to stop me

"Why do you care?! You're married, Rick. You have a kid and a baby on the way, I'm- I..." My eyes filled with tears, he looked at me as if he was melting in my hands, "I can't do this." My emotions turned from desperation from him to myself being exhausted from the back and forth and back and forth between us.

"Tell me you don't want me, tell me you just look at me and you feel nothing... Tell me you don't have any feelings towards me-" he lifted his hand to my jaw, I pushed it away

"I have feelings for you, Rick. It scares me how much I worry whenever you go out there. I can't eat, I can't sleep without you in my head and I just..."

His eyes were glossy, he came up to me.

"What is your plan? Do you love me?" I asked

He bowed his head and removed his hand from me,

"I... I don't know... But all I know is that I feel better knowing you're on my side and that you're... That you're safe. It may just be because you're my friend or you're like a daughter to me but man..." He groaned, "I cannot shake these feelings that I have for you." He said into my eyes. I could've stood there and stared into his eyes forever. I then realized that we were right visible to anyone who looked to the right of the house.

"I have to go find Sena."

I leave him by the house alone.

..

"Hershel's gone." Sena was running from the house. I was shocked from that news but I didn't know where Jamie was
"Where's Jamie?"

"She's inside with Lori."

I felt my stomach turn a little, I sucked it up though.

"Come help find him." Sena said to me as I stood there. I followed her inside. She led me up the stairs to his room where Rick, Shane, Lori, Maggie, and Jamie were. When I entered inside the room, Rick turned his face to see who entered and saw that it was me. He lingered when he looked at me, he bowed his head and looked back to the dresser against the wall. I then saw Shane glaring at me, he looked a little while longer, as if he was reading me like a book.

"What happened?" I turned to see Andrea in the doorway. I didn't even think about the reason why everyone was in Hershel's room.

"Hershel is missing. We don't know where he went." Lori replied

"Did he ever drink?" Shane asked while he rummaged through Hershel's drawers. He then pulled an open bottle of whiskey from the dresser. Everyone was silent because of the answer to where he was hung in the air.

...

"We have to go get him-" Rick fought against Shane's opinion

"You're always the one to leave, Rick. Why is that? Lori worries about you and her having a baby on the way-" Shane's tone turned to hiss when he mentioned Lori,

"Lori is fine." Rick said in a sharp, warning tone that gave Shane the idea to back off from the argument. Shane shook his head and did his signature head rub and stormed off to lord knows what... or who.

I looked at Rick.

"I'll go with you."

"No, you can't-"

"Do you really want to piss me off again, Rick? I want to help- I want to go with you-"

"I don't want you getting hurt. I couldn't live with myself." He cut me off. He was staring into my eyes, lost in mine. I could feel his breath fan across my face. I almost moaned when he turned away because I wanted his lips on mine so badly. I turned to look where Rick brought his attention to. It was Glenn, he walked up to the porch and walked inside the living room where we were. Glenn looked at me then Rick, he knew we were in deep conversation about something. He quickly looked away and tried to leave before we dragged him into something but Rick didn't care.

"You know where Hatlin's is?" Rick asked Glenn. Glenn cringed and stopped, knowing he was going to be involved in this whole situation. Glenn came over, not by choice.

"Are you coming?" Glenn asked me,

"Yes-"

"No-" Rick said. We both said it at the same time. We then looked at each other

"Rick- let me go-"

"I already told you why I didn't want you coming-"

"If you care about me, let me go with you because if you go without me, I'll be in a wreck." I looked into his eyes, he kept looking into my eyes until Glenn cleared his throat to get us out of our daze. We both turned to him,

"I'm going." I say. Rick sighed, Glenn looked at both of us.

"Look, whatever you two are bickering about, stop it. I'm not going to get killed out there because of you guys. I'm doing this for Maggie and if I get in trouble, I'm not going to be saving your dumb ass again." He directed the last part to Rick. Rick looked at me when Glenn left us to think.

"Man, you're a dick sometimes-"

Rick pressed his whole body on mine, I was between him and the wall now. I moaned from surprise and how his lips slowly came to mine. I grabbed his face and pulled him closer. I wanted him so bad, but he separated.

"I... I- we can't do this here." He said, his voice full of need. I looked and saw that no one was coming towards the house but I still agreed with him. I looked into his eyes, he was looking into my eyes with need. He made me melt every time.

"Come on." I took his hand into mine and led him upstairs. What I didn't know was that his heart was racing in his chest and he was wanting to take this all back. His mind raced every footstep we took up the stairs until we reached my bedroom.

When I entered inside, he looked at me, unsure of what to do.