Chapter 43

We both locked lips, he held my jaw and kissed deeply into me, making me eventually reach the wall. I wrapped my hand in thick curls, he had his arm wrapped around my waist, a sweet and intimate gesture making the two of us closer. I then wrapped my arm behind his neck, pressing his lips against mine even more than they were. I was completely lost in moment, finally kissing his lips and being someone he cared about-being his. When we had to separate to catch our breaths countless times, he returned back to my lips with an even more searing and fiery kiss that made me moan and squeeze his hair. After minutes of just kissing, I was heated and needed to feel more of him, after all of this time. As he kept kissing me deeply, I started to unbutton his shirt. Once he realized what I was doing, he separated from my lips, looking down at my hands.

"Max.. Max, I'm not..." He then gave a heavy sigh, he separated from me fully, turning away from me and rubbing his face in frustration. I felt embarrassed and ashamed for trying to rush him into this, after Lori died and the fact that I was half his age.

"Rick.. I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." I apologized

"No.. No, I should have controlled myself... You deserve more, Max. And here I am playing with you again." His voice screamed of his forlorn. I closed my eyes and looked down, wishing it never happened. He sat down on his bunk, I stood there against the cold wall for a few moments, watching him as he bowed his head. I then got up from the wall,

"Goodnight, Rick." I say, my voice sounded dismissive, it showed more of my disappointment than anything else, he let me go back to my cell without another word. I climbed into my bed, falling to sleep with the thought of Rick on my mind.

...

Rick's POV

I was ordering Michonne and Carl to get some of our weapons in the car, to make sure we have some protection if needed. I was about to hop into the driver's seat when I heard Michonne's voice from the other side of the car. I saw her talking with Max. I watched as max climbed into the car, I shook my head, not wanting her to come. I then went over to the door,

"What are you doing?"

"I'm coming." She says, as if it was already set in stone. She put her seatbelt on, I then looked at Carl who was climbing into the passenger seat. I glanced back at max,

"You aren't coming."

"And why not?" She challenges, she was mad at me about last night, it was obvious. I was even mad at myself for it, but I didn't want her going because I didn't want her getting hurt out there. I didn't know what King County was like now, and unlike her, I knew Carl and Michonne are okay to shoot. I don't know if max is still a good shot like she was back in Atlanta.

"You obviously made it clear that I'm just your cock tease, so what's the harm if I don't make it out?" She says, I stammered on my words. I cared like hell about her, but I was still hurt from Lori.

"I care about you, max-" I started to say but she shooed my efforts away with a wave of her hand, "I don't care anymore."

I felt my breath catch when she said that, she was done with us, I could tell. I looked at her a few more seconds but then closed the door shut with a loud bang, I climbed into the driver's seat. I saw her in my rear view mirror, she was looking out the window, arms crossed on her chest. I could see Carl sitting uncomfortably in the passenger side, michonne hopped inside. She didn't even know what was going on. But I was glad that she didn't, I started the car and drove off.

Max's POV

While we were driving, there was a man on the side of the road with a bright orange backpack. He saw us and started to wave his arms in the air, wanting us to stop.

"Rick, are you going to stop?" I asked as he was approaching the guy, he didn't seem like he had the intention to. We then passed by him, I whipped my head back to see the man running after us, desperate to get us to stop. I glanced back at Rick, furious

"What the hell, Rick?!" I yelled. Carl seemed concerned too as he looked at his father who was blankly staring in front of him, hands on the wheel. I wanted to yell louder but I held my tongue, afraid of causing a car accident. I just sat there, astonished by his behavior, and why he was acting like this. I mean, it couldn't have been me saying that I didn't care, he didn't care, he shows that every time I try to get close to him. Even when I try to brainwash myself that he didn't care, his facial expression and the way he's acting now makes me rethink the whole he doesn't care act. I then see his eyes look into the rear view mirror, looking at me but once he saw that I was watching him, he glanced back at the road.