Chapter 39

I saw the prison, I was amazed by the security of the fences and how organized the group was. I saw Carl opening the first gate, I was shocked to see how much he's grown in the past months. I then started to remember Jamie and Sena. I never even asked about them, but I always thought that they'd be okay- I thought Rick would take care of them, like he did with me. Once the car stopped, I hopped out of the car, I saw Hershel, Beth, and Carol approach the car. Hershel's face sunk when he saw me, I then saw that he had a cane-- and he had no foot. I walked over to him, Beth, and Carol.

"Oh my- oh- is it really you?" Carol hugged me, I hugged her back, "it's me." I say, she and I separate, she smiles at me with teary eyes. "How- how did you survive out there?" She asked

The first thing in mind was Rick, knowing him and knowing that he had cared about me made me keep going each day I was out there, but instead, I just said, "Michonne, she helped me the night of the farm."

Hershel and I then hugged, he told me how glad he was to see me and that I was back, safe. Him and Maggie reunited after the horrible incident that the governor did. Rick walked up the gravel road, he smiled at the small part of the group who were reuniting, I watched from afar, missing seeing his smile more often. I then watched as Beth walked over to Rick, hugging him and then kissing his cheek. Her and him lingered for awhile, I watched, jealousy washed over me. She then walked away, he looked surprised- caught off guard from it. I clenched my jaw, I then stormed off inside the prison to find Sena and Jamie.

I entered inside one of the cell blocks, there I saw cells lined down to where the cell block ended.

"Sena? Jamie?" I called. I then saw Sena walk out of her room, she had a book in her hands, reading it, she didn't look up to see that it was me standing there.

"Yeah?" She asked. Her hair was longer, still in a ponytail. She had a heavy tan jacket on with jeans and boots. She then looked up from her book when I didn't respond for some time. When she saw me, she dropped her book. That was saying a lot, since I think it was a Harry Potter book- she loves Harry Potter. She stood there, her mouth opened slightly, I couldn't help but give a toothy smile and run over to her. I gave her a hug, she hugged back

"Dude- oh my god," she said in a surprised tone. We separated and smiled at each other

"How- how- where'd you go- how did you find us?"

"It's a long story... I'll tell you later. Where's Jamie?"

Jamie then entered the room, her hair was in a long French braid. She looked so much more mature now, she had a heavy coat, similar to Sena's, jeans and boots on. She saw me, her blue eyes lit up in excitement when she realized it was who she thought it was. She ran to me, I caught her in my arms and raised her up.

"Max!" She exclaimed, I hugged her tightly, "hey, Jamie, how are you?" I asked, I smiled and kept hugging her. I then set her down, she had a huge smile, she didn't look as mature now, she had the same youthful smile and twinkle in her eye.

"I think my birthday was a week ago." She says, she was still excited about seeing me. Her voice was full of enthusiasm and man, it sounded refreshing to be around someone who wanted to see you.

"You know what that means?" I asked, she nodded, "you have to get me a birthday present." She says

I laughed, I nodded, "what do you want?"

"A doll."

"Just a doll? Like a Barbie or an American girl-"

I was interrupted by some yelling which sounded like it was coming from another cell block. I paused, I looked at Sena.

"Hang on, Jamie, wait in the cell." Sena orders, Jamie runs to her cell while Sena and I run over to the source of the commotion. She opened the door, leading us to another cell block with a group of people I've never seen before, and Rick, in the middle. He was shouting, at something in the air. I then see Hershel and Carl standing there, not knowing what to do.

"Get out! Get out!" Rick yelled at the group of people, now pulling his gun on them. They all were frightened, they stood there, not knowing what to do. I slowly walked up to Rick.

"I- I don't want you here- get out!" As he yelled more and more, I started to get the feeling he wasn't yelling at the group, because every time he'd yell, he would look at the same place above where a balcony was. Almost as if he was seeing things. He then started to break down, crying. Hershel started to herd the group into the other cell block, leaving Rick and I alone.

"Rick! Stop it!" I say. He looks over at me, he sees me, his eyes fill with even more tears.

"Leave me alone!" He yelled. I went over to him, he raised his gun to me. He looked pained as he tried to hold back even more tears,

"Rick... Do you really want to do this?" I asked, motioning towards his gun. He looked down at his gun, he didn't shoot but he kept it there. I then kept going forward towards him, I pressed my chest against the end of his gun. I stared into his eyes, he then looked into mine. I knew he wasn't going to shoot, so I slowly raised his arm down. When it was down, he dropped his gun on the ground. I hugged him, he cried into me for minutes, holding me closer to him.