Chapter 79

I watched Rick as he walked amongst the group. We were heading down the tracks, following Abraham and his crew in hopes of finding a cure.

I felt bad and I missed Rick but I was too stubborn to admit that I was probably wrong.

"See, that's why you can't apologize to him." Sena told me as we walked and discussed the issue between Rick and I. I looked up at him, he had Judith in his arms and Carl was beside him. My heart ached, I wanted to be with him. I worked so damn hard for the bastard but I was still being an ass. I looked over to Sena, not knowing what she meant,

"What?"

"You said you were probably wrong. That means you still have a feeling that he did it on purpose. You should talk with him so that you apologize to him fully and not like half ass." She explained. I understood what she meant and it was logical,

"Yeah but I don't know how I'd apologize after all I said and accused him for. He probably hates me." I bowed my head a little, watching my foot step in front of another.

"He loves the hell out of you. I see it in his eyes every damn day." She says,

I didn't say anything. I then looked over to Jamie who was by Maggie and Glenn. If there were God Parents in the apocalypse, Maggie and Glenn would be them. They loved Jamie.

"So, you really think that this guy knows the cure?" Sena asked, purely out of making conversation. Eugene, one of the guys apart of Abraham's group knew the cure, or supposedly. I didn't really believe him but who am I to judge?

"I don't know, I think it's a load of shit."

"Why?" She asked

I shrugged, "I don't know, he can't tell us what it is so there's no hard facts that he actually knows it."

She nodded, agreeing.

"Even if he doesn't know it, we'd still be going north. And I miss the feeling of a fall day under 80 degrees." She referred to the extreme heat Georgia brought all damn year. I smile, agreeing. I missed Michigan.

...

It was about 3 in the afternoon I guessed, the sun seemed to be in the right spot. It was hot as hell, even under the shade of all the trees. The group was still going strong, but I then heard everyone's guns cock, I pulled mine out automatically. I wondered what the hell was going on.

"Your name?" I heard Rick ask harshly. We had stumbled upon someone. I managed to see that it was a black man with a black uniform on. I didn't know what it was until he faced my way when Rick was patting him down. He was a priest of some sort.

"It's Gabriel. I don't mean any harm." He says, he looked scared. He had his hands up in surrender as Rick looked him up and down.

"The hell you doin' out here?" Daryl asked

He said he was trying to find supplies, he was running short on food. I kept watching as he tried to explain himself to Rick and Daryl but someone came up behind me.

"Your boyfriend's an ass." I heard. I turned around, I was about to slug the person in the face. But I saw that it was like and I wanted to do it even more now. He was watching Rick,

"What do you want? Why are you here?" I asked him, his group tagged along with us and it was annoying as hell. We didn't need another baby and another pregnancy, especially from someone we knew jack shit about.

"Chill out-" he started to say,

"No, you've been an ass the whole time I've known you."

"So have you! You took our food and crashed on my couch. You aren't so nice either." He exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and turned around when I saw that we were moving again. Gabriel was leading the way, Rick's machine gun poking his back, making sure he knew that Rick wasn't to be messed with.

We reached a church. I figured we were staying here, it was better than staying out here at night. Rick, Abraham, Michonne, and Sasha were walking up to clear it, I tagged along. I had my gun ready.

The church was like any other, big and open. There were just rooms to clear now. I went to one and saw that there was a couch and a desk, like an office space. There wasn't anything peculiar about it so I went to the next and saw Luke standing inside it already. He had a wooden cross in his hand, he seemed to be studying it but set it down when I came in.

"You cleared this one?" I asked. He looked up and nodded, I was about to leave but he says,

"I'm sorry about being a dick."

I turned around and faced him, "okay." I didn't know what else to say. I wasn't sorry for being a bitch, he kind of deserved it.

"You aren't going to say anything?" He asked, expecting me to throw my arms around him in a hug and praise him. I scoffed,

"No. I don't have to say anything to you." I told him and then walked away. I saw Rick and Daryl talking with one another, Gabriel was by the podium where he would speak to the church. He was just fiddling around with his keepsakes. I saw many empty cans of food littered all around his feet. He had a stash of food, and I wondered if there was any more.

"Gabriel, were you heading anywhere specific today?" I asked. He looked up and saw that I was speaking to him. He nodded,

"There's a place a mile or two away, it's a building with food and supplies." He tells us. I see Rick from the corner of my eye look over at me. I felt my chest contract, I took my eyes off of Gabriel and looked over at Daryl and Rick. They seemed a bit surprised,

"Are we going to go?" I asked, already knowing their answer would be yes. Daryl walked out, Rick kept his eyes on me. I smugly walked out.