Chapter 92

The darkness was terrifying. I could feel my heartbeat, I was surprised no one else could hear it as well. My eyes were widened, I attempted any way of trying to see better in the dark. I couldn't see more than five feet in front of me.

All was fine until I heard a gunshot from a ways away. I saw that everyone froze in their place, I was too jumpy to stay still so I started to run after the echo. Rick shouted my name but he couldn't keep up with my speed as I sprinted to find whoever shot the gun. I wasn't just thinking about Aaron, I was thinking about the RV group as well, I didn't know if they were alright or not.

Once I slowed down to where I thought the gun was shot, I jumped when I heard some twigs snap, I got my gun out and pointed it in the direction but saw that it was Aaron. He looked like a deer in headlights, he must've thought that I would punish him for him leaving the group like that, but I wasn't. I was about to talk with him when there were walkers. He kicked one over, trying to fight the three that were attacking us off. Once I killed the other two, I looked at Aaron.

"Did you fire that gunshot?" I asked him

He nodded, "I'm sorry to draw attention like that, but I was held up by a few walkers."

"Someone you care about sent that flare..." I say after a few moments of silence passed. The gunshot didn't matter to me anymore, I wanted to know the reason why we were out here. He looks me in the eye long and hard.

"My boyfriend. He's in trouble. That's why." He explained. I didn't say anything, I went up to him and cut his rope around his hand and gave him a gun.

"Don't tell Rick-" I was about to say but then I heard people walking. We both raised our guns but it was Michonne and Maggie. They had a man in the middle of them, they were helping him walk. Something was the matter with his leg, and I determined it to be Aaron's lover when Aaron ran up to the man and embraced him. When Aaron separated from him, he looked at Maggie and Michonne. I then saw the others from the RV approach from behind. I heard leaves crunch behind me, it was Rick and the rest of the group from the car. Everyone was safe and in the same place, I could finally breathe.

"Thank you. All of you, for saving Eric. I will lead you all to a safe place by here and I will show you Alexandria tomorrow morning." He says to everyone. I was happy that he found Eric, but I wanted to take a look at the injury. I looked at it, I couldn't see it that well in the dark but he was flinching from the pain while he was standing on it.

"Is the whole group here? Even from the barn?" I asked Sena who was standing across from me and the group who came from the car. She nodded,

"They're in the RV... Pete doesn't look too good."

"What's wrong with Pete?" Aaron asked. Of course he didn't know what was wrong with him, he hadn't been here that long. Aaron caught himself, thinking that asking that was rude and added, "if I may ask?"

"He got bitten." I say.

Aaron bowed his head and was quiet for a moment, "I can take everyone somewhere safe... Somewhere closer to Alexandria." He offers again, it was someway to thank all of us for saving Eric.

"That'd be good." Rick says. His first positive words of the night. We started to go back to the RV. I was going to visit Luke to see how he was doing but I felt someone pull my arm, pulling me to the side. It was Rick, he looked unhappy- as usual.

"Why'd you run off like that?" He asked me in a hushed tone

"I needed to know if the person who shot that gun was someone in our group." I said back in the same rude tone. He was inches away from me, he had his eyes on mine. He was trying to hard to intimidate me