Chapter 90

"Who are you? Where's the rest?" Rick asked the man. The guy was no doubt intimidated by Rick, I mean anyone would with the whole beard going on but he still talked.

"We have a community, a couple miles away from here, I can show you-"

"We've already been told that story already. It's safe, no one would hurt us. It's a load of crap." Rick interrupts him.

"What's your name?" Abraham asks the man.

"Aaron. I don't have anyone else with me-"

Rick then walks up to Aaron and punches him hard enough to fall to the ground. Everyone started yelling, either agreeing or disagreeing with Rick's actions. I went up to Rick,

"Rick, he might be telling the truth-"

"Doesn't this whole safe package sound redundant to any of you? What happened at terminus should remain fresh with all of us." Rick told us all. I ignored him and walked up to Aaron on the ground, he wasn't bleeding but he was bruising where Rick had punched him. He wasn't hurt other than that but he was unconscious. Then, Rick dragged Aaron to a wooden post in the middle of the barn, I watched as Rick tied Aaron up.

"He's knocked out, Rick-"

"We can't take any chances," he says to everyone but then walks over to me and looks me in the eye, "do you really want to risk it? With Jamie?" He asks me. I didn't say anything, he was right. Once he knew that I wasn't going to be a problem, he turned back at Aaron who was coming back slowly. Rick dug through his backpack, taking out random items.

"A flare gun... He's got people near here." He says.

"There's... There's two cars a mile away. They're for taking your people to the community. To Alexandria." Aaron says.

"Prove it." Abraham says to Aaron.

"I can show you." Aaron says, "we don't want to hurt you, if we wanted to hurt you, we already would have." Aaron tried to joke at the end but Rick wasn't having it. I walked up to something on the floor, I picked it up. It was a developed black and white picture of a walled in community. I assumed that this was Alexandria.

"How many people are there?" I asked Aaron. I had interrupted Rick's interrogation of Aaron,

"43. Including myself," he looked around at everyone, "families... Harmless people. People who don't know how to survive out here like you do. We need people like you." Aaron says. I looked at Rick, it sounded legit. They were going to all die if someone didn't come in and teach them a few things.

"I think we should try it." I say to Rick, Rick looked up at me.

"I'm still not sure-"

I took him away from the others by isolating him from them, turning my back to them for the rest to discuss what they wanted to do. I looked Rick in the eye,

"What if it's just another Terminus? We can't go through that again. I won't let it happen." Rick says.

"I don't think it's another Terminus, Rick-"

"You really want to put all these peoples' lives at risk for a gut feeling that you have?" He asks, challenging me.

"We just lost Tyreese, Beth, Bob and now we're gonna lose Pete... We can't live out here, Rick. We've got to start trusting people-"

"The last time I trusted someone it ended with me almost losing everything." Rick snarled. I looked into his eyes, I then bowed my head.

"Judith deserves more than this out here... Carl does, Jamie does..."

He clenched his jaw and looked to the side. He then looked at Aaron.

"You said that there's two cars?" Rick asks Aaron. Rick was now on board, I felt a little proud of myself that I got him to agree to something.

"Two." Aaron confirmed.

Rick then turned around and faced me, he then motioned Glenn, Michonne, Derek, Abraham and Sena over.

"I want to check out the vehicles. Even if it doesn't turn out, we still can return him back to where he came from." Rick says. He looks at all of us.

"When do we head out?" Sena asks

"How many are in the cars?" Rick asks Aaron,

"One person. I drove one and he drove the other."

Rick was a little surprised to know that there was only one other person. He then looked back at sena, answering her question.

"We leave now."

...

I was nervous, everyone seemed to be on their toes. I couldn't blame them, we were in unknown territory following a mere suspicion that a stranger had told us. I can't complain though, I'm the one who wanted Rick to try it out.

"Hey." I heard his southern accent float from behind me. I turn to see him walking up to me, everyone else kept to themselves. I didn't know what he'd talk to me about, he seemed pissed at me a few moments ago when I persuaded him to do this.

"Hi." I say back, he looked at me, I locked eyes with him.

"How are you?" He asks. I felt a little weird, why was he asking me this? We weren't together and he didn't seem on board with the friends thing, although we were getting along in the barn-- almost too much.

"I'm good... What about you?"

He nods, looking forward. He then glanced over at me again,

"I'm not trying to piss you off or cross any boundaries but... Do you have any symptoms of being... You know..." As he kept talking- actually, more like rambling, I knew he was hinting towards if I was pregnant. He gulped, he was going to say more but I caught him.

"No, Rick, I'm good. Those morning after pills and just plain old abstinence is working out." I joked, he laughs lightly. I smiled,

"I'm glad." He says.

I then started to grow more and more curious. I wondered what he would do if I was pregnant. I couldn't help but ask,

"What if I was? Would you be the father?" I asked him. He looked over at me, he seemed a little surprised I was asking this but he saw that what he said mattered to me. He looked forward to think about it,

"I would be. I wouldn't just leave you like that, max. I hope you know that." He says sincerely. I looked at him, he looked sad to see that I was worrying about his loyalty to me.

"Good," I say, glad that he'd remain responsible if that was the case. I then say, "good thing there's no chance of that ever happening. Well, no chance of us having a kid at least. You may find a lucky lady at this new place." I joked. He didn't find it funny though. Even when he was smiling, he was bowing his head.

"We'll see." He says in a not very hopeful tone. And before I could say anything to make up for my stupidity, he walked forward to look at the two vehicles parked a few hundred yards away from us. We were near.