Chapter 31

"How long did you sleep for?" Michonne asked once I lifted my head up from the side of the wall, I inhaled sharply when I felt my neck become increasingly sore from the angle I was sleeping at. I rubbed it while trying to think about how long I was sleeping for.

"Three hours?" I guess, I fell asleep probably three hours before sunrise and then woke up when the sun was in the very east of the sky. The sky was blue, no clouds at all. I sighed,

"We get Andrea then leave." Michonne says, she walks by me to get to the door. I get up and follow her. We exit the room to find that there was a man standing with an automatic weapon. He looked at us,

"Who the hell are you?" I asked, he smirked and gave a small chuckle, he looked like a douche bag.

"Martinez."

"Meaning why are you standing outside our door?" Michonne asked with a sharp tone, she gave a small gesture towards her katana and Martinez grabbed his gun,

"Hey- hey- hey, Martinez... I said to make sure they don't get in trouble, not cause it." I looked to the left and saw the governor walk towards us. He had a smile on his face and then looked at Martinez with a look saying to put the gun down. Martinez put his tail between his legs, with that he left us.

"Why did you have someone outside our door while we were sleeping?" Michonne asked

"You are new to the town... You've been out there for months and haven't had any contact with anyone other than yourselves. I have 73 people here, I can't chance that you get any ideas while I'm sleeping." He explains. I understood it perfectly fine, but I was still on edge with this place- with him especially.

"Whatever, where's Andrea?" Michonne asked

"Oh, yeah, I'll take you to her. She's doing just fine. It's good you guys stayed the night, she's like a whole new person..." The governor says, we follow him down the street to where she was staying. While we followed him, we passed by dozens of people who were dressed in clean, normal clothes. They were doing normal things... Not like sharpening knives or counting their bullets, they were barbecuing- laughing even.

"I see you take interest in our lifestyle here... This is everyday." He says, looking at me. I look around once more, I was impressed. I've never seen anything like it since the world fell.

..

Once we got to Andrea's room, she was sitting up and had her color back. She smiled when we walked in. I went up to her and hugged her, she hugged back

"Thank you." She says, I pat her back, I let michonne take a look at her, she smiled, knowing Andrea was okay.

"It's amazing, we found Marshall at an abandoned party store looking for antibiotics." The governor said behind me, he came up to my side. Andrea looked at him, I watched her eyes flicker when she looked at him. I could tell she liked him.

"Max was becoming a surgeon before everything." Andrea says, she looks at me. I closed my eyes because now he was going to bother me.

"Wow, that's great. You must've been fresh in med school... You look young." He says. I face him,

"Yeah, I had a ways to go." I say flatly. He nods and looks at Andrea.

"I bet Marshall could teach you... He's been a physician for twenty years."

"Look, I know you're trying to sell us on this place but... We need to leave, today." I say, I looked back at michonne and Andrea, Andrea looked a little alarmed by my statement.

"Andrea just got better, you guys can't risk her getting sick again."

"We don't need your input." Michonne snapped, he looked at her for a moment. He then looked back at me,

"Can you give us some time to talk?" Andrea asked, he looked at her and nodded, he walked out.

"Since when did we decide on that?!" Andrea asked michonne and I. Michonne crossed her arms over her chest, I sighed

"What, do you want to stay?" I asked her,

"Uh- yeah! This place is safe. I'm tired of running around out there. I almost died... I can't handle being out there again." She said, she got quiet after she started to remember what we had to do out there to survive. I didn't say anything, I knew I wanted to leave.

"Please, just try it for a few days, guys." She says. Michonne stays silent for a moment then sighs

"Fine."