Chapter 45

Rick knew the guy we shot, he helped him get to Atlanta in the beginning. Carl and him dragged his body up through the twisted traps up to Morgan's hide out. Once we reached the upstairs, we were amazed by the stock pile of guns and food he had piled all around the room. I then noticed spray painted phrases all over the walls, like clear and Duane turned

"Who was Duane?" I asked, it was meant for Rick but I didn't look at him because I was angry with him. I heard Rick groan, I turned back to see him slowly letting Morgan down onto a cot, he then searched for something. He then glanced up at me once he noticed I was waiting for his answer,

"Duane? Why?"

"Says he turned."

His face sunk, he looked at Morgan, he then bowed his head.

"Who was it?"

"His son... Dammit." He says. He then gets a box of cable ties, he puts three between his lips while he tried to tie Morgan's hand up in one. I then smelled chips, I look to my left to see Michonne munching on some,

"We're eating his food now?" Rick asked in an annoyed tone. Michonne shrugged and kept eating them, "mat said welcome."

I sat down in the corner, I watched as Rick waited for Morgan to become conscious again, Rick then looked up at me, I didn't look away,

"Will be wake up?"

I felt a little surprised that Rick was so concerned for this man. I mean, before- in Atlanta, he would've been just like this, caring and considerate. But now he was cold, I was surprised he gave a shit about this guy. I then compared him to a little kid waiting outside in a waiting room while their parent was getting surgery, he looked just like the little kids I'd see everyday.

"Do you want me to take a look at him?" I asked, now getting up and approaching the two of them slowly. Rick nodded, Carl and Michonne were looking around the room to find anything else useful that we could take, leaving Rick and I by ourselves. I went over to Morgan, I turned him on his back, he was still unconscious, I then started to unbutton his shirt and once I reached his armor underneath, he flashed up at me, pushing me against the wall with such force that made me lose the breath in my lungs. I fell, Rick yelled, now trying to hold Morgan off. They yelled at each other, I look up to see Rick falling beneath Morgan, Morgan now holding a knife to Rick's chest, Rick was holding it up the best he could.

"No!" I yelled. Morgan was trying his best to drive the knife into Rick, I ran over to him and forced him off of Rick, when doing this, I felt the knife somehow stab into my thigh, I screamed in pain, Morgan was against the wall, Rick got up, drawing his gun on Morgan who was still down.

"You crazy sonuvabitch!" Rick yelled at him, Morgan then reached out to grab Rick's arm with the gun, pulling the gun closer to himself,

"Please... Please kill me." He begged. Rick then drew back, disturbed by his actions. I was shaking, I felt my blood soak my jeans, it was my right thigh. The knife was about halfway into my leg, I didn't think it struck bone. I was trying to calm my breathing, trying to keep myself calm. Rick then saw me, once he tied up Morgan, he went over to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked,

"Does it look like I'm okay? I have a fucking knife in my leg." I snap. I then breathed heavily, looking up to the ceiling, knowing he was going to pull it out.

"Where- where the hell are Carl and Michonne?"

"They went to get a crib." He says, examining my wound. He then touched it, the slightest movement of the knife caused a searing pain, making me cry.

"What- what do I do?" He asked, I looked up at him when I heard his voice crack, he had watery eyes. I was about to shout at him, asking him why the hell he was crying, he hated me! But I was distracted by the foreign object in my leg causing me excruciating pain.

"You're... You're going to have to pull... To pull it out." I pant, he looked queasy, he shook his head, backing away,

"I- I can't do that-"

"Rick, you're going to fucking do it because I want to be able to walk again. So, if you have any kind of respect for me left, you will pull this thing out of-"

He then took it out, I screamed at the top of my lungs, my throat was torn from my loud vocals, my eyes went blurry from that. I had a wave of sweat wash over my face. I could barely manage anything, I laid there helpless against the wall.

"Fuck, she's bleeding." I hear him say, I then feel him wrap my leg up in a cloth, he applied pressure to my thigh, making me cry.

"Shhh, shhh, you're okay, you're going to be okay." I hear him whisper to me. It sounded as if he was trying to calm himself down, he must've thought I passed out from the pain because of my narrow eyes and my lack of response to everything. He never would've said that to me if I could hear it.

"Please, please don't bleed out." He says quietly, I then laughed lightly, lifting my eyelids more to give him the idea that I was awake, he looked embarrassed

"I... I'm not going to- to bleed out." I say between pants, he applied more pressure, he looked ashamed, knowing I heard what he said. I then say, "keep pressure... On wound... I have a 97 percent chance of surviving." I joked, remembering reading that in a book. He kept pressure on my leg.

"You know... I don't know why you do that..." He looks up at me, not knowing what I meant by that, "why you pretend like you don't care about me, when you obviously do." I say. I then leaned my head against the wall. I saw Morgan looking at us,

"Don't let that maniac out again." I say to Rick, Morgan heard me and looked away.

For You // R.G.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara