Chapter 99

Rick's POV

I heard knocking on the door, I felt my head throbbing from all the drinks I had last night. I opened my eyes and the light shining in from the windows made my eyes sting. I then felt someone in my bed, I quickly jumped out, I found myself completely naked and covered myself up as the person in my bed revealed themselves. It was Jessie, she turned around to face me. I was shocked, my heart pounded furiously. And I knew she was shocked when she found out she slept with me once she shot up in bed, covering her front side from me. Her eyes were wide open, she looked around and then saw me, appalled that I was naked.

"Oh my god..." She started to say,

"Jessie, we need to talk-"

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed, she had her hands on her face and started to freak out. She gets out of bed and slips her clothes on.

"Jessie, I think we had too many drinks last night- which is weird because I don't even remember being with you last night-"

"I'm married, Rick! I can't have my kids and husband find out that I slept with you," she starts crying a little while trying to find something, "where's my wedding ring?"

Once she left the room, I emerged from the window drapes I had been hiding behind and started to get jeans on. Once she came in again, she was already combing through her hair with her fingers.

"You're married?" I asked, now realizing what she said. She didn't look at me,

"What are you going to tell him?" I asked nervously,

"Pete won't notice I'm gone until ten because he drinks... And he always sleeps in until 10." She was saying while grabbing everything she owned from the ground and putting it on herself. She found her wedding ring finally and examined it for a moment then rushed out of the room.

"I... Jessie, I don't know what to say-"

"I think you were really drunk when I came over to say hi... And then I got drunk, I think, and then this happened." She says, trying to make sense of what happened. Once she was going toward the door, I grabbed her arm gently to stop her for a moment,

"Jessie... You cannot tell anyone about this, please. I don't want max or my kids finding out about this." I say in a pleading tone. She takes her arm away from me, I think I offended her.

"Rick, I have a family and a husband; I'm not going to tell anyone." She then left, rushing down the street to get home. I stood there for a moment, not believing how stupid I am. I closed the front door and realized that the kids could be home. I rushed upstairs and peeked into Carl's bedroom, I saw him sleeping. I then went to Judith's room and saw her standing up in her crib, probably wanting to eat. I let a breath of air out, relieved that I didn't have to explain a bullshit excuse to Carl as to why Jessie was in my bed last night. I then went over to Judith and picked her up, thinking that I had to thank Carol for watching them.

...

Max's POV

I wake up in bed, the feeling felt good at first but I realized that I didn't have my own bed to wake up in. I then realized I was naked, I looked and saw Luke next to me in bed, sleeping. He was also naked. I clenched a pillow against my chest and left the bed quickly to find my clothes. And also, to find out where the hell I was. I walked out of the bedroom and saw that we were in a different house than the one the group stayed in the first day, so Luke must have gotten his own house. I turned around and saw Luke shift I the bed, still asleep though. I rushed to my clothes and got dressed. Once I saw that I had everything, I left the room and massaged my aching head. I was drunk last night, extremely, so extreme that one, I had sex with Luke, and two, I didn't remember anything last night which included meeting up with Luke.

Shit, I thought. I felt like such an asshole. I told myself I would make up with Rick today but I do this. I sighed, walking out of the house finally and trying to find my way back to the group's house. I needed to find Jamie, I needed to find Sena and talk to her about how much of a dumbass I am.