Chapter 85

"Where's the one guy?" I asked when I saw that the fire only had the woman in it. I turned back to Luke and Derek, wanting answers. They both looked concerned,

"What do you mean? There wasn't anyone there." Luke says. I swear, realizing the prick got loose.

"Okay, keep an eye out. He couldn't have gotten out far, he was bleeding heavily." I say to them. Luke and Derek picked Bob up, Sena picked up the back to cover us and I led.

On the way to the church, I still felt my heart beat out of my chest, I was on an adrenaline rush and I felt invisible but exposed, being out in the woods again in the dark. I wanted nothing more than to just be back inside a building again.

I then saw an opening from the woods where the trees were scarce. There was the church. I could feel everyone's relief hang in the air, but I froze when I saw people in the window.

"Gareth and their people knew where the church was." I say out loud. I was making the point that the guy who escaped could've rounded more of his people back to the church to attack us.

"Go," I told the three of them, we all hid behind some trees. They set down Bob and got their guns ready,

"I think they're in there. The group would have candles lit." Sena says. I agreed. I could feel the cold air dry the blood on my hands, I loaded my gun.

"What do we do?" Derek asks,

"Someone goes in there, saying the rest of us are dead and when you see Gareth's group in there, you act surprised. They draw on you but then the rest of us will fire at them." I say.

"What did we die from?" Derek asks,

"That isn't important." I hissed,

"How do we even know they're in there? How many people are in the group?" Derek asks

"We check before doing anything-"

"Who's going in?" Sena asked. I stayed silent, I wasn't going to, I felt confident in myself after what I did to Gareth.

"I will." I heard Luke say. I looked over, he was putting his gun in his holster. He walked over to me, leaving Sena and Derek.

"I know you guys are close so if someone was to die in this, it should be me." He says. I felt my breath catch, I felt bad. He was being so selfless right now and it caught me off guard.

"Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded. I kept eye contact with him for a moment then broke away.

"Sena, you go to the right side of the church and stand on something tall enough so you can see through the windows. Derek, you go on the left and do the same, I'll be right by Luke underneath the front steps, keeping him company." I explained.

"What's the signal to shoot?" Derek asks,

I paused and looked at Luke,

"When everyone in Gareth's group is drawn on Luke." I told them. Everyone nodded, we all split up into our separate selves. As Luke and I walked together toward the front, Sena signals to me something. She was on top of a few miscellaneous objects, she was tall enough to see inside. I ran over to her,

"There's seven, they're drawn on us inside." She says.

"Do they have guns?"

She nodded, she remained still, out of the window with her gun ready. I went back to Luke.

"They've got seven in there, they have guns. All you have to do is walk in there and be submissive, don't be difficult. Act as if we actually did die, you've got to sell it." I told him. He looked scared, of course he did.