Chapter 42

Max's POV

I woke up a few hours later, it was around sunset, the air was chilly and nipped at me, I forced myself to get out of the blanket. I walked out of the cell and saw the whole group discussing something, most of them looked over at me, I looked at Rick, he was turned around but once he saw that I was up, he turned his body towards me.

"What about max? She could go with us." Someone said, I couldn't match the voice up with the person who suggested that. I began to grow curious

"What about me?" I asked, wanting to know more. Ricks eyes averted downwards, I could tell he didn't want to tell me, he looked back at the group then glanced back at me, he always did this to avoid saying something.

"We're planning an attack on Woodbury." He says. I liked the idea, I didn't feel safe knowing that the governor was still out there, alive and dangerous. But I also felt a little hesitant when I remembered the Andrea was still there.

"Andrea.. She's there." I say to him, he then turns around towards the group, and there was Andrea standing there. I felt my breath catch, she smiled and rushed to give me a hug. I hugged her back, although I wanted her to be safe, I still was upset with her for not coming with Michonne and I.

"Why.. Why are you here?-" I then took out my knife, "is the governor here?"

"No- no- I ran here, he- he isn't here. He doesn't know I'm here." Andrea says, she was frantic in trying to explain her scenario to me. I kept my knife up, Rick came up to me, he looked me in the eye,

"It's okay.. I checked her, we have to hear her out." He says. I locked eyes with him a little while longer before nodding my head. I put my knife down, Andrea thanks Rick silently and looks back at me.

"You have to make peace with him... He thinks you guys are dangerous." Andrea says to all of us.

"He attacked us a few hours ago, the man is a liar." Glenn says

"He said he came here to try and talk to you today..." Andrea says, she was confused.

"He's lying. He tore the fences down and unloaded walkers into the yards. He doesn't want to talk." Rick hisses.

"He tried to rape Maggie." Glenn says in a hard tone. We were all silent, waiting for Andrea's reaction to all of this.

"He sent Merle out to try and kill max and I." Michonne says. I felt Rick's eyes on me, I didn't look at him.

"No... No, it can't be true... He- he said he wanted to make peace." She says in denial. We all were silent, the silence told her that she was wrong. She started to become upset when she tried to reach out to us,

"We were together back at the farm... What the hell happened?" She asked us. I looked at her then glanced away.

"You sided with him. That's what happened." Rick stated

"I never knew he was doing these things until you told me!"

"Now it's the time to do something." Michonne says coldly.

Andrea ended up going back to Woodbury, we sent her back with a car and a gun. I didn't hug her or say goodbye.

That night, I asked Sena for some blankets and an empty cell, she led me to one that was a few away from hers. I was setting it up when I heard Rick's voice from behind.

"I thought you were gonna stay in the one I set up." I stand up and look at me. I was seriously trying to figure out if he was looking at my ass or not while I was bent down. I then snapped my mind into answering what he was asking instead of thinking about whether he was checking me out or not.

"That was your cell.. I decided to get my own." I say, I raised my arm out to give a lame introduction to my cell. So far, only my bed had blankets and a pillow on it, other than that it was bare. He chuckled at me, I felt a little proud of myself knowing that I had made him laugh, I couldn't help but smile a little

"Some cell..." He says, his eyes cascading the whole cell. He then looks at me once more. "It gets cold when you're sleeping alone." He says, as if he was dropping a hint. He then starts to leave the cell, but I follow him,

"What do you mean?"

He looks back at me, "It's cold when you're alone." He says, his eyes twinkled, like he was saying this from past experiences. He then walked away.

I laid in bed, thinking about what he said. It gets cold when you're sleeping alone..

Well, he's been sleeping alone for however many months. I haven't been sleeping for ages because of his stupid face. But when I realized that he was just trying to say hey, I'm lonely, feel free to drop by sometime. I felt a little stupid, but also happy. I was happy to know that he was wanting me to get closer to him. I laid on my side, staring into the blackness of the dark. I then realized how much I actually was afraid of the dark. Before everything, I was afraid of keeping my bedroom door open, in case of seeing something I didn't want to see. I always knew I wouldn't, but I still was paranoid, and now, having face eating monsters lurking outside didn't help my fear of darkness. And I don't know if it was my mind just wanting me to think that it was cold, but in that moment, I was freezing. I could've been making it up in my mind to just get out of my cell and crawl into Rick's. After moments of thinking about it, I finally got up and passed by the five cells that separated mine and Rick's. Once I reached his cell, I saw him on the bottom bunk, I then saw his little girl sleeping in a crib by his bed. I hadn't seen her yet because I was too wrapped up in my personal thoughts, I felt incredibly selfish. But, I took the chance to slowly walk up to her crib and look, seeing what she looked like. Her eyes were closed, she was sleeping. She was in a onesie with a small blanket over her to try and keep her warm. Her hair was blonde, she looked like Lori.

"She's beautiful, isn't she?" I heard from behind, I turn around to see Rick approaching me from behind. He was looking at his little girl.

"She's amazing... Have you named her yet?" I whispered.

"Carl likes the name Judith." He says. I look at her, she was still sleeping soundly. I then feel Rick's hand touch my injured one, my right hand. His hand gently touched mine, his fingers trailing down. In that moment, all thoughts of baby names vanished. His finger tips trailed up my arms,

"I'm sorry." His lips were right next to my ear, I let myself relax into him, "I'm sorry for everything." He whispers. I then turn around, my eyes lock with his, he looks at my lips then at my eyes.